Junior Estimator - Top 10 NYC Contractor
Your new company
This Construction Management and General Contracting Company has been around for the last 13 years, in that time they have been hugely successful with this year alone set to achieve over $600MM in annual turnover. It's their strong reputation of upholding quality, expertise and excellence in all on-site management that has allowed them to grow at this rate seeing very impressive year on year growth. This firm are renowned for their work on interior projects, primarily on the commercial side with projects covering corporate, retail and healthcare.
Your new role
They are growing the business and have just expanded into New Jersey along with broadening and diversifying the projects they are involved with heading into the ground-up construction market also. They are looking for an Junior Estimator who has an understanding of the interiors construction market in the New York area. This is a very exciting role for an individual to grow within a very supportive environment as they continue to expand.
In this role you can expect to carry out the following:
- Performing detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Experience in interior fit-outs and renovations
- Ability to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches/schematics.
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Ability to negotiate throughout the bidding process
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and aggressive deadlines.
- Exceptional problem solving, organizational, and time management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Dealing with New Jersey based sub-contractors
- Team player with a positive attitude who can also work independently, is self-motivated and success driven, yet able and willing to take direction.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will have experience with either a General Contractor or Developer and have an understanding of all trades. You will demonstrate an understanding and knowledge of building specifically in New York City.
What you'll get in return
This company provide a competitive benefits package including health, dental and vision with a 401k match and a generous allowance of PTO (paid time off)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click "apply now" to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, or call Callum Hewitt on the details provided. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your next move .
Role: Junior Estimator - Top 10 NYC General Contractor
Location: New York,
Apply for this job now.