Please apply online at #removed#
Clinical Psychologist Statesville, NC
- Locum Tenens -OR- Employee with benefits positions available
- Per Diem or Contract
- Renewable assignments
- 8-hour shifts
- No weekends
- No on-call
Description of Work
Clinical Psychologists needed to provide appropriate advanced individual psychotherapy for referred inmates or, as appropriate, group psychotherapy for inmates with diagnosed mental illness.
The position of Clinical Psychologist may provide ongoing educational/therapeutic groups for such areas as anger control, assertiveness, and problem-solving. For those inmates referred for mental health services, an initial assessment to include problem, any history of substance abuse, diagnosis, and development of the treatment plan. A formal treatment plan will be developed on each inmate receiving mental health services and clinical services will require significant documentation of activities in medical records.
This position will be responsible for providing on-site, direct patient care in an evaluation room and/or door-to-door therapy sessions. Additionally, the position will be responsible for mental health consultations regarding inmates with correctional staff. Clinical Psychologist will serve as a resource for other staff providing services to inmates. Finally, the positions will be responsible for conducting staff training of appropriate correctional staff on various relevant mental health topics with regard to the inmate population, management of the mentally ill and developmentally disabled, management of suicide precautions, and other topics as appropriate.
The patient population is primarily adults with a variety of mental and/or physical health problems including:
- Depression and Anxiety
- Mental illness
- Adjustment to physical illness
- Neurological disorders
- Addictive Behaviors
- Challenging Behaviors
- Eating disorders
- Personal and family relationship problems
- Learning disabilities
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree level of education is required (M.S. or M.A.)
- Licensure - Active/Clear issued by the Virginia Psychology Board as a Licensed Psychological Associate or be eligible for licensure
- DEA - Active/Clear
- BLS (American Heart Association) - Active/Clear
- ACLS (American Heart Association) - Active/Clear
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP) board certification is preferred
- Must be willing to travel to various locations on as needed basis; all travel, transportation and lodging expenses will be company paid
- Successful completion of competency testing, drug screen, background check, physical exam, immunizations, and other agency screening/application requirements
- Successful completion of other client screening/application requirements
- Excellent pay
- Weekly payroll
- Direct deposit
- Employee benefits post probation: 401-K, Vacation, and Healthcare Reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Bonus opportunities throughout the year
- Detailed list of Benefits
National Health Care Solutions, LLC (Nationalhcs) is a RN owned, TJC accredited healthcare staffing company providing per diem, contract, and temp-to-hire healthcare professionals (HCPs) to facilities throughout the US. Nationalhcs was founded by our President and CEO, Glenn Brody, RN in 2010, and provides the highest quality Physicians, Advanced Practice, Nursing, and Allied Health professionals to our clients. Nationalhcs earned The Joint Commission (TJC) gold seal of approval in 2017 for healthcare staffing services.
On March 4, 2018 Nationalhcs and our sister company, Professional Nursing Solutions, LLC (PNS), merged to become one great company. PNS was founded in 2004, earned the TJC gold seal of approval in 2013, and has primarily held contracts in NC. With the growth and excellent reputation of our companies, we have now merged to operate under one name. Everything else will remain the same. We will continue to provide exceptional services for our clients and HCPs.
Our philosophy is that understanding and respecting the unique needs of both clients and HCPs is the key to successful partnerships. Our mission is to provide reliable HCPs dedicated to quality patient care with unrelenting attention to clinical excellence and patient safety. We have honed our skills to provide Reliable, Committed, and Compassionate HCPs to our clients for their patients’ safety.
Role: Clinical Psychologist
Apply for this job now.