· Manage and ensure the daily, on - time, proper shipment of all goods via Freight, UPS or In house truck routes.
· Manage staff to accommodate the changing production environment to produce the desired shipping results.
· Analyze the overall goal of the Shipping Department and devise a plan to meet future growth and production expectations.
· Develop staff, policies and procedures to fulfill the vision of the Shipping Department.
· Create Shipping standards for Freight, UPS and Our Truck to ensure uniformity across the shipping methods.
· Own the overall management of the systems, procedures, and processes in the shipping department.
· Own and drive to completion all projects within the Shipping Department.
· Collaborate with peers in production to provide resolution on issues to ensure proper shipments.
· Implement and sustain a "Continous Improvement" program within the Shipping Department. This should include baseline performance with quarterly/yearly goals.
· Implement and sustain "Quality Assurance" program within the Shipping Department.
· Mentor, supervise, coach and hold accountable department personnel on proper shipping methods, policies, and procedures.
· Communicate to senior management issues with proposed solutions to alleviate lost or delayed shipments.
· Communicate to internal Shipping Department members to ensure project information, new methods/standards as well as Decore - ative news is distributed effectively.
· Maintain positive employee morale through effective communication, follow up and a results based team approach.
· Ensure that Decore - ative Specialties is shipping within the law as well as following regulations as it pertains to City, State and Federal government agencies.
· Perform other duties as required or requested.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
· Excellent working knowledge of shipping and carrier disciplines.
· Excellent communication skills in building relationships with other peer manufacturing personnel.
· Knowledge of Shipping Regulations as it pertains to City, State and Federal government agencies.
· Knowledge of standard shipping methods/best practices.
· Working knowledge of the following software: Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
· Experience in project planning, project tracking, change management and risk management as it pertains to shipping.
· Must be able to execute multiple shipping projects simultaneously and work in an extremely FAST PACED, time sensitive environment.
· Preferred Bilingual English and Spanish.
Cabinet Industry Leading Manufacturer.
Competitive industry benefits including:
Vacation accruals on1st day of employment
Sick accruals on 1st day of employment
401k with company match
Role: SHIPPING MANAGER
Location: Elk Grove,
Apply for this job now.