The Family Nurse Practitioner will be an advanced practice nurse that helps with all aspects of patient care, including diagnosis, treatments and consultations. The Nurse Practitioner will perform the important task of educating patients about preventative care and prescribed treatments. The NP will also conduct physicals, order tests and serve as a patient's primary healthcare provider.
· Perform initial physical examinations on patients to collect vital physical information and family medical history details
· Performs ongoing patient examinations both routine and irregular.
· Assess patients’ current health status, resource utilization, past and present treatment plan and services, prognosis, short and long-term goals, treatment and provider options
· Coordinate services between Physicians, specialists, medical providers, and non-medical staff as necessary to meet the complete medical socio-economic needs of clients
· Provide patient and provider education
· Actively participate in integrated team care management rounds
· Identify related risk management quality concerns and report scenarios to the appropriate resources
· Monitor referrals made to community-based organizations, medical care and other services to support the patients’ overall care management plan
· Ensures adherence to the timetables set forth for Health Services Program by implementing clear timelines for and tracking of all preparatory activities
· Provides oversight of population of complex, high risk patients, including monitoring identification of those eligible, referral rates, care plan completion, and patient outcomes.
· Enter and maintain assessments, authorizations, and pertinent clinical information into Electronic Health Record systems
· Perform initial patient screenings and patient history and physical examinations
· Update patient records and check records for accuracy at each patient appointment
· Analyze test data and determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options
· Serve as the resource patients need for ongoing care information, counseling and provide guidance for any patients with critical conditions
Qualifications and desired characteristics:
· Valid, current California license as a registered nurse, current AHA CPR certification and either of the following:
· Strong written and interpersonal communication skill
· Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); PALS provider card as required
· Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community.
· Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds; strong interpersonal communication skills;
· Ability to work under pressure; good sense of humor; flexible and patient;
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting;
· Complete all required documentation and reports in a timely fashion;
· Participate in staff meetings,supervision, agency meetings and staff training;
· Carry-out all assigned responsibilities in a professional manner;
· Help keep the center clean and safe at all times;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing and a California Public Health Nurse certificate and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in nursing;
Worked Experience Requirements:
· Knowledge of Electronic Health Records
· Must be familiar with the EHR medical charting system
· Frequent walking,standing,stair climbing,bending,stooping,lifting(25 lbs. max)
· Must be able to visually observe staff to understand and interpret non-verbal behavior;
· Able to operate standard office machines and equipment including keyboards.
Health Benefits are provided to those who qualify
The mission of Roots Community Health Center is to uplift those impacted by systematic inequities and poverty by providing culturally competent, comprehensive healthcare, mental health, and wraparound services, and by emphasizing self-sufficiency and community empowerment. Roots Community Health Center accomplishes its mission by providing top-quality healthcare, conducting community-based participatory research, and offering opportunities for rehabilitation, education, training, and employment to reduce poverty and dependency in our community. Roots implements its programs and services while honoring the “roots” of culture, heritage, and tradition; by providing unprecedented access to services; by remaining community-aware and community-responsive; and by establishing partnerships to ensure a more efficient continuum of care in Oakland.
Do you care deeply about making a difference in our community? Roots is a great place to call home! We are a young, growing organization with a very strong, experienced and dedicated team. We believe in continuous learning and training for our staff and provide a supportive environment in which to grow. Please submit a cover letter specific to the position posted and a current CV/Resume to #removed#
Role: Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)
Apply for this job now.