Company: GEMINI RECRUITMENT
Job Type: Permanent, PartTime
Leading law firm is urgently seeking a HR Generalist to join the team of hard working HR professionals in London. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step within their HR career.
Reporting direct to the CEO you will be the first point of contact for the firm’s growing number of employees in addition to providing generalist HR Support to a wide range of stakeholders.
The role will give you the opportunity to develop and progress within an established HR team.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
- Pproviding best practice advice and guidance on company policies, terms and conditions of employment and legislation.
- Dealing with Employee Relations matters including disciplinary and grievance cases. Coaching and supporting Supervisors, Managers and Directors through any staffing issues with the view to find a resolution at an informal stage (including informal mediation). Take notes, produce documentation and advise on fairness/process on disciplinary/grievance/investigatory panels.
- Dealing with various HR queries/matters, throughout the business, reliably and in accordance with legal requirements
- Assisting with payroll matters where required
- All aspects of recruitment
- All aspects of training and development, including induction
- Ensuring staff maintain CPD points and relevant accreditations
- Ensuring probationary reviews and appraisals are carried out effectively.
- Performance management - conducting and assisting Directors, Managers and Supervisors at performance management meetings to ensure individual performance targets are met.
- Report on key HR metrics.
- Review and update policies and procedures.
- Ensuring monthly report/reporting is submitted on time
- Ad hoc HR related project work
- Overseeing leavers process
- Assist in the day to day running of a busy HR function.
- Involvement in auditing and reporting
The role will involve some occasional travel to other offices inside and outside London.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
Key Skills Required
- CIPD qualified or have at least 3 years demonstrable experience in a similar HR role
- HR or business related degree is preferable
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage a large workload under pressure.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of employment law and keeping up to date with changes
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to influence with confidence at a senior level.
- Professional manner, pro-active approach to work
- Demonstrate the ability to work confidentially, remaining discreet at all times
- High attention to detail, proactive, able to coach and develop others through advice.
- Excellent communications skills to work effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Committed team player and self -motivated
- Excellent IT Skills -familiar with Microsoft Office applications and able to use HR systems
- Experience within the legal sector is preferable
- Ability to manage social media activity to promote the Company
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Part time working considered
- Flexible working arrangements considered
- Support for appropriate training
The recruitment process will fully comply with GDPR and other applicable laws. Background checks will be undertaken to establish your eligibility to work in the UK and suitability to the role.
If you have generalist experience and a "can do" attitude, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Apply now for one of our agents to contact you.
Note: By applying to this vacancy you give Gemini Recruitment Services Limited permission to submit your CV to the hiring company.