To provide a clinical care in order to care for patients in the operating theatre environment with the highest possible standard. To actively contribute to clinical practice and duties as required. To maximise theatre utilisation and maintain clinical standards.
- Participate fully as a team member, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues to support a cohesive team and achievement of team objectives.
- Demonstrate through a holistic approach to care and day to day clinical issues, an understanding of evidence based practice.
- Provide anaesthetic assistance to the Anaesthetist before and during the time patients are undergoing surgery.
- Assist in the smooth running of the theatre list.
- Responsible for maintaining emergency equipment.
- Plan and effective use of time
- To assist in pre and post operative care of the patient following the procedures.
- To be responsible for clinical stock control and ordering.
- Liaison with outside suppliers and manufacturers..
- Cover the out of hours on call theatre team according to the on call rota.
- Follow up care and advice is provided to patients.
- Patient safety is maintained as a key priority, and in line with CQC requirements.
- A high standard of professionalism and standards is maintained at all times.
- Promote partnership with patients and promote their right to informed choice and support their ability to self care.
- Promote effective communications with members of the multi disciplinary team, using their contributions effectively in the delivery of care and the service.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the operating theatre environment.
- Demonstrate technical skills ensuring adherence to local policies.
- Conduct clinical supervision of nurses the clinical team.
- Conduct clinical audits which will link into the clinical effectiveness and clinical governance strategy.
- Participate in the collection of audit and research data as required. Identify areas where local audit is required and conduct the audit.
- To delegate responsibilities to nursing staff and technicians.
- Ensure that nursing records are correctly maintained.
- Ensure equipment and other supplies are in stock.
- Ensure Adverse Incidents are reported and incident form completed in accordance with company policy.
- To record and investigate complaints in accordance with company policy.
- To ensure compliance with CQC standards and to ensure the clinical areas and team are meeting safety and regulatory guidelines as mandated by the clinic and other governing agencies.
- Provide managerial direction and support to junior colleagues within the team in the delivery of the service,
- Act as a clinical role model, demonstrating both a high level of expertise in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care.
- Contribute and participate in the process of setting goals and benchmarking standards of care. Develop tools to improve the quality of the service and co-ordinate clinic services across the clinic.
- Making recommendations, coordinating projects and developing practice guidelines and policies based upon robust evidence, gained from risk assessment, audit and literature review.
- Contribute to the development of clinical practice, with regards to national recommendations, communicating this to junior colleagues in a positive manner in order to maintain a consistent, motivated focus.
- Involved in the appraisal and negotiation of ongoing development plans for