COMPANY: ST HELENS COLLEGE & KNOWSLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE
JOB TYPE: Permanent , Part Time
SALARY: £11733.56 - £13925.99 Per Year
We are currently recruiting for a permanent/part-time/term-time only Care Assistant, to join our Learner Support team at St. Helens College and Knowsley Community College. The role requires the ability to provide care support and assist students with a wide range of physical, cognitive, sensory, emotional, behavioural and mental health issues and medical conditions.
Main responsibilities include:
- To provide care support, including personal care, supervision and assistance at break and lunch times, in accordance with the Learner’s individual needs.
- To encourage independence and maintain the student’s dignity in carrying out these tasks, at all times, e.g. giving choices, prompting, etc.
- To ensure that students arrive at their lessons on time.
- To monitor students and provide support in unstructured time and act as an advocate.
- To supervise students at transport pick up and drop off and to escort students around College, as appropriate.
- To complete records and reports for each individual learner on ProMonitor, as appropriate, monitoring the effectiveness of care support.
- To liaise with the Learner Support Manager, regarding any concerns.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, membership of final salary or career average pension scheme, professional development and training, free on-site car parking, and other voluntary benefit schemes, including cycle to work scheme.
St Helens College is committed to Equality and Diversity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This role does not meet the minimum requirements set by UK Visas & Immigration to enable sponsorship of migrant workers. Therefore, we cannot progress applications from candidates who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
Please note we do not accept CV’s from recruitment agencies. Any speculative CVs sent to the College will NOT be considered.
Role: Care Assistant
Job Type: Permanent , Part Time
Location: St Helens,
Apply for this job now.