Process Engineer- Medical Device Manufacturer, Tucson, AZ
Salary to $80K Depending on Experience
The Process Engineer is responsible for the implementation of fully qualified and documented production processes. This includes performing new mold and process improvement mold trials, troubleshooting production processes and auditing of production setups for adherence to the documented process, and identifying automation and productivity improvement opportunities.
· Ensures required process development information accompanies new tooling.
Interpret processes received and makes necessary conversions for production equipment to be used.
· Interact with Tool Engineering and Scheduling to ensure timely scheduling of mold tests.
· Sets molds to be tested.
· Record and maintain mold and process setup sheets.
· Improves and documents processes on existing molds, using established systematic techniques.
· Assists in trouble-shooting production processes.
· Assists in training of new process technicians and mold setup personnel.
· Conducts cycle improvement and regrind usage tests.
· Identifies key process parameters for process monitoring and control.
· Establishes process parameters for part diversion.
· Audits production processes for adherence to established setup.
· Assists with investigations of reject product and the development of corrective actions.
· Conducts D.O.E.s.
· Participate in cost saving and continuous improvement activities using Six Sigma Principles. Identify and execute cost savings opportunities including cycle reduction, mold change times (SMED), scrap and labor reductions.
· Perform other related duties as set forth by the Production Manager.
· 5 year’s experience in injection molding processing; B.S. in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering, with a focus on plastics processing desirable. Must have comprehensive knowledge and thorough understanding of injection molding process, machines, robotics, and auxiliary equipment. Knowledge of ISO standards, SPC, TQM, and GMP’s is highly desirable.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to take a systematic approach to process optimization and problem solving.
· Experienced with hot runner systems and knowledgeable in precision injection mold tooling.
· Knowledge in resin structure and behavior when processed, including stress, orientation and melt rheology as well as resin drying and testing.
· Extensive hands-on experience with the entire injection molding process, should be familiar with machinery up to a press capacity of 500 tons.
· Up-to-date knowledge of injection molding machine technology and capabilities. Must be willing to attend appropriate seminars or classes to continually improve upon injection mold processing skills.
· Skilled in basic metrology; working knowledge of geometric tolerancing and ability to interpret drawings; and some experience in designing and perform DOE’s and process statistical capability studies.
· Excellent organizational, planning and analytical skills; some knowledge of PC based computer software such as MS Word 6.0, Excel 5.0, and program management software.
· Knowledge in mold design a must.
· Certified – RJG Mold Master I & II. Knowledge of Decoupled Molding. Advanced knowledge of cavity pressure technology applications.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Independent Global Executive Recruiter serving clients throughout the US and internationally.
Role: Process Engineer
Apply for this job now.