Data Architect is required with digital publishing experience, specifically with DAM systems by this leading media organisation.
Joining an existing team of solution architects and alongside development teams you will be on a programme of work aimed at improving the management and distribution of print, digital and social media content. You will own the data migration concept from Legacy DAMs to a new enterprise level and extensible DAM. You will also define a metadata model, including elements across copyright, user rights management, etc.
Your responsibilities will include -
- Developing and defining data structure plans and driving these plans to fruition in collaboration with business and IT owners
- Define core content data structure and associated metadata, ensuring an agile-led process is adopted in the long-term
- Define and drive data architecture standards, procedures and policies to ensure consistency across different program and project implementations.
- Guide application development teams in the data design of complex solutions and ensures they in alignment with the data architecture principles, standards, strategies, and target states.
- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Define and maintain standards for artefacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
The specific programme of work is a transformation programme with three main technology components, planning tool, content editor and DAM - you will define the data structure and metadata associated with these.
- Solid background within Data Architecture space.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated abilities working in Global Data architecture programs.
- Ability to evaluate and assess existing Legacy data assets
- Proven experience in architecture governance, controls, and peer reviews with regards to data, security, and cloud specifically AWS.
- Experienced in developing architecture reference models for data governance and control.
- Experience of media assets in a DAM or MAM environment would be an advantage.
- Understanding of web standard data schema standards for publication and re-use for examples; Schema.org and Google schema
- Experience developing enterprise level data standards, master data management architectures
- Experienced in SOA and Restful API architectures, with a deep understanding of web services (XSDs, WSDLs, JSON) used within an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Proven ability to work with various service transports and protocols (ie HTTP, MQ, etc.)
- Hands-on ability to build and manage enterprise data models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
- Experience with unstructured or semi-structured data design and implementation.
- Experience with data profiling tools and processes.
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modelling techniques.
- Well versed in the Data domains (Data Warehousing, Big Data, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Master Data, Unstructured Data, ETL, ESB)
Role: Data Architect - Publishing/DAM
Job Type: Contract
Apply for this job now.