The Translations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating translation requests for products marketed. This function’s responsibilities include: redlining, proofreading, ordering and inspecting multilingual instructions for use, interacting with Regulatory Affairs, Labeling Specialists, Technical Writers, and Translations Team members plus working closely with translation vendors to ensure high quality and cost-effective translations. This position requires a detail-oriented, independent worker who provides status reports to the Label Design & Development Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for coordinating multilingual translations projects: initiates, maintains, and audits projects to ensure stipulated completion dates are met.
· Develops and maintains project schedules, query cycles, and linguistic QA required achieving project accuracy and completion.
· Maintains Translations Management site and email box for incoming and outgoing product/platform language requests.
· Tracks translation invoices and allocates charges to appropriate accounts.
· Collaborates with relevant stakeholders to resolve questions or conflicts related to source file discrepancies, terminology, language quality, and workflow.
· Assists in maintaining terminology glossaries and translation memories.
· Proofreads multilingual documentation.
· Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements; participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work; brings regulatory compliance questions/issues to the attention of management.
· Communicates effectively with all levels of management, business units (Corporate and International), and possesses a high degree of flexibility/selectivity in prioritizing business units and plant projects to meet established goals.
· Participates in the activities of professional and trade organizations through attendance at meetings.
· Promotes a safe work environment and may provide recommendations on maintaining the safety of the work environment.
· Administration of other policies and programs as may be determined to be within the purview of the Labeling Design and Development Department.
· Knowledge and experience in coordinating, proofreading and ordering of multilingual translations for documentation publishing purposes.
· Must have the ability to perform spreadsheet and database maintenance for reporting the status of projects to management.
· Good interpersonal skills including effective written and oral communication.
· Proficiency in another language.
· Translations vendor experience.
· Knowledge of localization and terminology management concepts is preferred.
· Healthcare industry background desirable.
· Knowledge of desktop publishing applications (Adobe, MadCap Flare) preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
B.A. or M.A. in English, Linguistics, or any related field is a must with a minimum of three years hands-on experience in documentation project coordination.
TEKWISSEN Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans). We will consider all applications without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Role: Regulatory Affairs Coordinator II
Apply for this job now.