$18.00 to $20.00 hourly
Medical Receptionists looking for Los Angeles, California work might find the opportunity for them in this position. This is a short-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity. You will be the director of first impressions by providing customer service over the phone and in-person over the course of this Medical Receptionist role. Apply for this Medical Receptionist position today if you fit the description of a self-starter who finds value working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment while providing support and solutions to patients, healthcare professionals, insurance providers, etc. Submit an application today!
- Making appointments, collecting co-pays, and providing receipt of money in accordance with established procedures
- Acting as a liaison with patients and providers in a compassionate and kind manner
- Managing various files and providing general office duties, e.g. data entry, scanning, faxing, etc.
- Assisting patients with paperwork
- Welcoming patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Assisting in the management of patient medical records
- Ensuring the waiting and reception areas are kept neat and clean; reporting on any damage
- Responsible for insurance verifications with health insurance organizations
- Highly-responsive to telephone calls in a detail-oriented and effective manner within minimum ringsJob Requirements:
- Candidates should have experience with insurance billing and an electronic medical record system, as well as social media platforms
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
- General understanding of medical terminology
- 2+ years of experience as a Medical Receptionist
- Comprehensive knowledge of Basic Medical Terminology
- Verify Insurance Coverage experience highly desired
- Expertise in medical terminal digit filing
- Strong familiarity with call centers
- Well-founded grasp of Verify Insurance
- Foundational knowledge in HMO PPO
- Proven knowledge of Verify Insurance
- Proficiency with multi-line phone systems required
- Incoming phone call management skills desired
- High School Diploma required, A.S. Degree in healthcare/related field preferred
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4154. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.