Digital Designer (Maternity Cover)
More photos have been taken this decade than in the rest of history! Rapid advances in mobile technology mean that over a trillion pictures are captured each year. Our client helps the photo industry stay ahead of the game.
They are looking for talented Digital Content Designers to work with them to create imagery for some of the world's biggest brands, and millions of their customers. Over the last 12 years, they've grown a diverse client base that ranges from individual store owners, through high street chains to massive global corporations. Although they're based in the UK, their core clients are located in North America.
Why you should join them
- They love developing technology, utilizing Open Source projects as the foundation for their systems
- They have an open, honest and transparent culture
- They empower people to make decisions with impact
- They are open to change in our processes, techniques and skills
- They have a smart, motivated and supportive team
- They value learning, agility and feedback
Their team finds creative and innovative ways to visualise products for their customers allowing the end users to shop with confidence and make beautiful gifts for friends and family.
The company is looking for individuals committed to learning more of their trade, and supporting each other's growth in the process. They have a start-up culture with an openness to ideas and opportunities for talent to be put to good use. Adding in a market-tested profitable product line, they believe they have a mix which makes this company a great place to work and grow.
You will join around 80 other staff, based in comfortable, freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area in Hampshire. Trains to Chichester, Southampton, Brighton and London are a 5-minute walk away, and they are also a 15-minute walk to the sea. They've got all the usual suspects; drinks and snacks provided, breakout areas, a games room and free on-site employee parking. And plenty of the more unusual suspects; a sizable garden, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, a host of the latest gadgets, opportunities for sporting enthusiasts, hackathons, a pinball machine and much more.
To make a long story short, they've created a place where they love working, and they think you will too.
What you'll be doing
- Working closely with colleagues to coordinate and deliver content on time and to the highest standard.
- Configuring products using their in house e-commerce CMS collating the spec from a variety of sources.
- Drawing 2D vector representations of physical products.
- Liaising with clients for feedback on Content additions or requesting further information when collaborating with Product and Development teams.
- Using in house developed tools and scripts to ingest externally provided designs to a prescribed specification.
- Working within the Content team to push your work to live production websites following best practices. Learning from team members with over ten years combined product visualisation experience.
You should apply if...
- You have experience editing images and creating vector graphics, having worked with SVG file format and Inkscape experience is a bonus.
- You have experience with CMS particularly in e-commerce.
- You care about creating high quality visual material, have a keen eye for detail visually and are meticulous when dealing with data.
- You are capable of working with precise measurements and physical products.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to liaise with clients.
- You have strong HT