History and Politics Teacher
£140 - £185 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications). The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are QTS for the UK and experience in a UK secondary school.
February 2021 start date
Maternity Cover Post
Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and qualified History and Politics Teacher to join a co-educational secondary school near Chelmsford, Essex. The role is to teach History and Politics to A Level and is a full-time maternity cover post starting in February 2021.
- History and Politics Teacher
- Teaching up to KS5
- Full Time, maternity cover post
- Coeducational secondary school
- Pupils have access to the UK National curriculum and the IB curriculum
- Language specialist school
- Links with schools overseas
- Successful academically
- Close to Chelmsford in Essex
To be considered for the History and Politics Teacher position, you will have:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
- Proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Eligibility to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Overseas trained teachers are welcome to apply
- Experience teaching History and Politics to A Level
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a History and Politics Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place