As an Electrician you will install and connect a wide range of cables, accessories and substation switch-gear and plant associated with the distribution network. As an Electrician you will install and connect a wide range of cables, accessories and substation switch-gear / plant associated with distribution network. This could include the installation and termination of Multicore Cables, installing protection panels, wall boxes, busbars, structures and low power lighting.
Working for one of the Uk's leading employers with fantastic opportunities for continued growth and development.
As an Electrician you will install and connect a wide range of cables, accessories and substation switch-gear / plant associated with distribution network. This could include the installation and termination of Multicore Cables, installing protection panels, wall boxes, busbars, structures and plant as well as small power and lighting.
Although we'll develop your skills and build on your experience, you'll certainly need motivation, commitment and flexibility, alongside appropriate permission to drive in the UK and willingness to travel between sites.
City and Guilds Level 2/3 in electrical installation is essential and NVQ level 3 is desirable. Once fully competent, you'll then mentor less experienced colleagues, and monitor progress of contractors.
You will be expected to follow established work safety practices, working to the distribution safety rules, while controlling environmental impacts and complying with legislative responsibilities. Identifying and eliminating hazards and potentially dangerous situations will be everyday tasks along with working to Method statement, Risk Assessments and carrying out point of work risk assessments (POWRA).
- The use of resources at the work site is cost effective and efficient;
- Cables, cable accessories and auxiliary equipment associated with cable systems are installed in accordance with quality assurance; engineering design, time constraints, statutory requirements and relevant standards;
- Standard tools, equipment is maintained to ensure their safety and reliability;
- Work is performed in accordance with the relevant standard work practices; Workplace Health & Safety and environmental standards.
- Successfully pass audits on works undertaken.
Other duties may include:
- Carrying out safety audits, risk assessments and hazard management to ensure work site safety in accordance with Workplace Health & Safety requirements;
- Installing package substations / switch-gear and GRP Housings.
- Installing substation earth systems.
- Excavation works. Use of cable avoidance equipment (CAT)
- Testing installations and recording results.
- Mark up drawings showing joint positions, wiring design changes etc.
- Completing on site risk assessments.
- Providing direction to the work team by setting high standards of work quality and coaching or training the team members to achieve these standards;
- Actively participating within a field environment to complete projects in the most efficient and effective manner; and providing input to project staging to achieve agreed time frames;
- Assuming responsibility for the security and well being of tools, plant and vehicles at the work site.
Essential Education / Certification
City and Guilds electrical installation Level 2/3
Formal trade qualifications (apprentice served) are a distinct advantage
Desirable Education / Certification
Certificate of Competency/Qualification for DNO's, Electrician or Electrical Fitter
MEWP / PASMA Certificate
Confined space training
Emergency first aid at work
- Focused and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interpret complex requirements, identify any risks, and communicate effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and time management skills with a strong ability to forward plan
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Effective decision maker with the ability to work under pressure
- Perform installation and maintenance activities and associated tasks to a high standard in an environment where safe working practices are critical.
How to Apply
Submit your CV via the contact details shown and applicants will be contacted with more information about the role.