Offering a competitive rate of pay, training and development, a weekly bonus, a friendly working environment, and a secure position within an established company, we are looking for a hardworking and capable Warehouse Operative to join our team in Chadwell Heath on the Day Shift.
Founded in 1875 Nicholls and Clarke Group are a manufacturer, distributor and retailer of building materials throughout the UK with a network of retail and distribution centres. We have a committed team of over 850 people supplying building materials to the trade and retail markets.
We are looking for a Day Shift Warehouse Operative to assist and have a flexible approach in all aspects of the warehouse operation.
The shift pattern for this role will be Monday to Friday from 7.00am to 17.00pm, 45 hours per week.
Role responsibilities for the Warehouse Operative:
- Picking orders and building pallets and checking orders
- Replenishment of stock
- Storing stock safely
- Maintaining a tidy and safe working environment
- Working as part of a team
- Ensuring you comply with the companies Health & Safety requirements
- Personal protective clothing and equipment to be worn at all times
- Work as part of our Builders Merchants team of staff
Requirements for the Warehouse Operative:
Experience and Licences:
- Experience working in a warehouse/Builders Merchants environment is essential
- Reach truck and counterbalance licences are desirable
- Forklift Truck experience is desirable
- Honest and reliable with good time keeping skills
- You must live close to Chadwell Heath for easy access to the warehouse
- Physically fit and able to lift weights of up to 25kg safely
- Able to work Monday - Friday
- Able to speak clear and fluent English and write English to a good standard
- A good team player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
What we offer you:
- A competitive pay package including a weekly attendance bonus
- A Perkbox rewards and discount scheme
- Substantial staff discounts
- Training and development opportunities
- Holiday scheme which rewards length of service with a holidays buy or sell back scheme