Beacon Resources, in conjunction with our Fortune 500 client located in the Western Suburbs of Chicago, seeks an Accounting Supervisor with a go-getter mentality who wants to embrace the challenge of leadership and management.
Job - This Accounting Supervisor will be performing extensive journal entries, reconciliations, and month-end closes. You will be also be preparing financial reports, be involved in cost accounting matters, and have a hand in audit compliance.
Culture - You will join a worldwide company that has a vision to improve the quality of life through their products. You will join a company where you will make a difference in your work quality and in your personality.
Salary and Benefits - Starts at $85,000/year, and increases DOE. You will enjoy excellent benefits as well, including medical, dental, vision, 401 (k) with a company match, and much more!
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR DUTIES
General Ledger (G/L)
- Review and approve Month-End and Quarter-End accounting closes, including journal entries and account reconciliations
- Resolve any General Ledger discrepancies
- Analyze financial statements for accuracy
- Assist in improving the accounting process
- Supervise several accounting professionals
Inventory and Cost
- Oversee inventory reconciliations for various plants on a yearly basis
- Explain any variances in inventory and raw materials
- Input inventory and cost accounting-related journal entries
- Adjust inventory cost changes
- Maintain and process fixed asset additions, disposals, and changes for all physical facilities
- Work with external and internal auditors on all required audits
- Work on SOX-related projects to improve the internal controls process
- Participate in inventory maintenance
- Assist in other duties as needed
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED)
- At least eight (8) years of General Ledger (G/L) accounting experience in a corporate accounting environment
- Bachelors in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting focus
- Ability to travel a few days per month to other plants
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR QUALIFICATIONS (PREFERRED)
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Certification
- Public accounting firm experience of at least three years
ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR SKILLS (REQUIRED)
- Expert-Level proficiency in Microsoft Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, IF Formulas
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task efficiently and take ownership as an go-to accounting professional in the company
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail oriented, with high level of ethics and integrity
- Superior communication skills
- Must be willing to develop and grow with the company and have the desire to take on more responsibility
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.
Role: Accounting Supervisor
Apply for this job now.