TeacherActive is seeking to recruit a Caretaker to start immediately, working on a full time basis in one of our client schools. The role will be contracted with the view to becoming a permanent role. We are looking to appoint a hard-working, honest, dependable, self-motivated person who will provide a key role in maintaining the school site, ensuring a welcoming and safe environment for the whole school community.
It is important for us that the successful Caretaker communicates effectively. A large part of the role is being front of house, greeting parents and children, as well as recording the site checks and security, keeping relevant and accurate documentation.
The Caretaker will be responsible for the health and safety, general maintenance, cleanliness and security of the school site and to maintain the premises (both internally and externally) in a clean, safe, sound and secure condition for staff, pupils, parents and visitors. The post will include a variety of tasks including key holder responsibility, premises security, in addition to cleaning and general handyperson duties.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Caretaker experience or qualifications
- Understanding of services within a building such as boilers, heating, lighting and water management
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Good communication skills
- Excellent timekeeping
- A good understanding of child protection and safeguarding guidelines
In return, TeacherActive will ensure that you are well-supported in this role and aim to provide you with further excellent opportunities in your career.
To do this, we will provide you with:
- Good rates of pay
- An efficient clearance process in order to register you and get you working as quickly as possible
- An excellent 'recommend a friend' scheme *Terms and Conditions apply*
- A DBS cost refund after completing 10 days work
All of our supply staff are paid on a PAYE basis, so you can rest assured that you're paying the right level of Tax and National Insurance and there's no messing around with admin charges coming out of your hard earned cash.
If you are interested in this position, please apply for the advert via the link and we will contact you with further information, alternatively please contact Paul Zivkovic at the Sheffield office of TeacherActive to discuss.