Job Title: Senior Cost Consultant
Location: MOD Abbey Wood
Duration: 3 months
As a Senior Cost Consultant, you will be responsible for designing and implementing cost estimating processes, data gathering, developing Basis of Estimates, building and validating cost models for our clients.
Working as part of large, complex and diverse programmes, the post holder will be client facing and will work closely with a range of client and sub-contractor staff to develop accurate and justifiable cost models and estimates. This analysis supports our clients in making fully informed risk adjusted investment decisions and establishing accurate budgets.
Working off-site within client organisations, the role will also be required to look to grow QinetiQ's presence by identifying other areas of growth where QinetiQ will add value to the customer.
1. Developing and reviewing estimating processes.
2. Developing both Acquisition and Whole Life Cost (WLC) estimating models.
3. Verification and Validation (V&V) of cost models developed by other staff.
4. Assurance of Cost Estimating inputs (such as Basis of Estimates).
5. Being proactive in the development of new business whilst working within the client organisation.
1. Substantial experience in the development of Monte-Carlo cost models.
2. Familiarity of a range of techniques for developing robust estimates eg Analogy, Cost Factors, parametric and Delphi.
3. Experience in the development and implementation of cost estimating processes and frameworks.
4. Experience in the Verification & Validation (V&V) of cost models.
5. Familiarity with Monte Carlo analysis modelling tools such or Predict! Risk Analyser.
6. Strong interpersonal/presentation skills with the ability to persuade and influence with people outside own immediate area of specialism.
7. An awareness and experience of National Security, Defence and the Armed Forces.
8. Familiarity with Parametric tools such as PRICE TruePlanning is desirable.
9. An awareness of civils projects eg transport or power is desirable.
10. Holding a relevant Cost Estimating qualification or professional membership is desirable.
Role: Senior Cost Consultant
Job Type: Contract
Location: Bristol, Somerset,
Apply for this job now.