We are seeking a sales-focused and skilled travel professional for the role of full-time Travel Consultant.
We at Traveltalk are specialists in luxury leisure travel with expertise in tailormade and adventure holidays, city and snow breaks, as well as cruises.
Based from our offices in Harrogate, you will be joining a high-performing group of travel brands with an ambitious vision of expanding within the travel sector.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ventur Travel Group which has been established since 1971 with offices in Leeds and Edinburgh city centre focused on Corporate and Sports&Group travel as well as our Harrogate branch specialising in high-end leisure travel under the 'Traveltalk’ brand.
Ventur has an ambitious five year plan for expansion having bought three travel management companies in the past two years to improve our internal capabilities to best service our clients.
We are an award-winning travel management company whose independent status means we are able to provide a truly authentic travel service, focusing at all times on the best interests of our customers. We are here to make sure our customers get the travel they need, without compromising on quality or value.
CONTRACT and REWARD
This vacancy offers a permanent contract for 37.5 hours per week at the gross annual pay rate of £22,000 plus commission based incentives. As additional benefits, the Company pay 5% towards your pension and you will get 30 holidays (including bank holidays) per year.
Working hours are any five days between Monday and Saturday with the following timings:
- Monday to Friday 09:00-17:30
- Saturday 09:00-16:00.
Note that rotas are done on a rotational basis and you would not regularly work more than two Saturdays a month.
The role is based in our offices in Harrogate (address from mid-November will be: 12 Montpellier Parade, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 2TJ).
- Advise clients about suitable travel options in accordance with their needs, wants and budget. Assist them by planning trips to domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, and fares. Work with the view of maximising revenue by enhancing the clients experience and meeting their requirements.
- Maximising revenue through effective upselling skills and being proactive in capturing business.
- Providing a consistently excellent level of customer service, tailoring each booking to best meet the needs of the individual, and communicating effectively largely through email and telephone.
- Provide clients with thorough itineraries complying with ATOL package regulations and the ABTA package travel directive.
- Working as an ambassador of the brand, at all times representing a high-quality operator.
The successful applicant will have:
- Preferably a minimum of five years experience in the travel sector, and ideally have some experience working for an independent travel company
- The ability to represent our luxury brand and demonstrable travel knowledge
- Be an outgoing and have demonstrable sales skills, including being proactive in making new contacts
- Capable of working on their own to do complicated tailor made itineraries such as a multi-centre trip from Vietnam to Cambodia
- Ability to meet the needs of our high-end client-base
- Have a high-end hospitality approach to service and client care, working as a 'travel concierge’ for clients
- Experience in using GDS and a quick learner in using IT systems
- Creative flair to tailored itineraries to maximise the client experience and authentic travel experience
- Passionate about travel and cross cultural experience
HOW TO APPLY
If you are a team player with ambitions to be part of a growing company that operates with integrity, and meet the requirements of our desired candidate, apply today!
Please email us your cover letter and CV to apply, alongside any questions you may have.