The Operations Research Analyst will create detailed analysis, operational recommendations and decision support tools through intense mathematical analysis, collaboration with subject matter experts, model design and development in order to maximize the benefit to the organization. This position will provide assistance to Operation Research Analysts and Senior Analysts on large projects. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver sustainable, continuous improvement.
Current tools and technologies include: R, MS SQL, Simul8
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the initial definition of the problem statement and data requirements.
- Understand and translate operational complexities.
- Design and develop models to visualize the problem.
- Assist in the creation of measurement systems to track project success and goal attainment.
- Perform extensive analysis of the problem and outline possible solutions.
- Test possible solutions utilizing operations research tools and techniques. These techniques and tools include, but not limited to, mathematical optimization, quantitative decision support, simulation, linear programming, dynamic programming, regression analysis, cluster analysis, queuing theory, statistics, forecasting, data mining, and project management.
- Draw conclusions from previous tests in order to create new hypotheses.
- Work independently and accountable for multiple concurrent projects while delivering accurate and appropriate findings.
- Publish findings and recommendations to project team, management and operations research peers.
- Collaboratively develop plans to implement suggested improvements and confirm the plans are realized.
- Create sustainable control plans for improvement efforts.
- Participate in the approval of project closures and formal transition to the process owners.
- Complete other assigned work as necessary.
- Key contributor in the process improvement engineering activities within a cross-functional design team. Collaborate in developing sustainable processes and solutions that drive manufacturing, supply chain and in-store efficiencies, eliminate non-value-added activities and enhance our internal and external Customer experience.
- Consult with subject-matter experts to develop potential business and technology solutions; advise on impact to business processes.
- Establish and maintain relationships throughout the enterprise with division associates, manufacturing, vendors, logistics, and store-level personnel to understand, document and define business strategies and processes (current and future state).
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s Degree, BA/BS degree in Engineering/Sciences/Quantitative discipline or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with data collection and analysis.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, balanced by the ability to apply common sense.
- Strong mathematics and statistical background.
- Effective organizational skills and solid team background maintained through effective communication skills.
- The ability to travel independently as required.
- Database Management and/or modeling skills
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Engineering/Sciences/Quantitative discipline or equivalent.
- Experience with transitioning applications from R&D into production.
- Experience with machine learning, optimization, and simulation techniques.
We are a global IT services company leveraging technology to solve business problems. Our clients include small, medium, and large firms with small, medium, and large problems. Ascendum's approach is built on the success of using the right combination of strategy, people, processes, technology, and infrastructure for each client situation, to meet specific business needs/challenges and deliver expected results.
High levels of technical expertise, commitment to exceeding customer expectations, a dedicated and highly motivated global workforce, coupled with a seamless onsite/offshore delivery model and a state-of-the-art worldwide infrastructure, gives us the competitive edge to provide comprehensive, end-to-end IT solutions to our diverse clientele.
Headquartered in the heartland of America (Cincinnati, OH) Ascendum has delivery, sales, and support offices worldwide including its offshore development center in Bangalore, and a BPO Center in Ahmedabad, India.
We welcome inquiries from applicants only (We will not accept third parties or agencies for this opportunity). Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the United States. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for review will be contacted. Ascendum is an equal opportunity employer.
Role: Research Operations Analyst
Apply for this job now.