Rare opportunity for experienced legal accounts professional to assist in managing the financial department of a top-tier West London law firm as its Finance Manager.
Reporting to the Finance Director and managing the financial provision to fee earners at a leading West London firm, the successful finance manager will join an established department which is part of the wider business support team including HR, IT and business development and marketing professionals. The role will involve controlling the financial management of the firm and ensuring compliance with budgetary requirements and the Solicitors Accounts Rules.Responsibilities
- Building annual budgets and strategies in line with the firm’s business plan
- Undertaking performance management analysis
- Assessing business performance and producing forecasts
- Monitoring and controlling budget expenditure
- Annual audit work
- Producing year-end partnership accounts
- Debt and cash collection work
- Supervising VAT returns
- Preparation and reconciliation of monthly payroll
- Processing CHAPS and BACS payments
- Liaising with other business support professionals regarding account management analysis
- Training staff when necessary
- Applications are welcomed from qualified accountants – CIMA, ACCA, ACA – with a minimum of 5 years’ experience post qualification
- The successful Finance Manager will have a professional services background – a partnership/legal background would be advantageous
- IT literacy, advanced Excel skills and knowledge of financial re-posting systems are essential
- With excellent communication skills, you will excel in stakeholder management and building relationships with clients and the finance team
- It would be advantageous to have an interest in automating process and systems
- Previous supervisory experience is essential and management experience would be advantageous
- Experience of using a computerised practice management system is required
- Overall, the firm is seeking accountants with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
Our client is a traditional firm with a modern approach which provides a comprehensive range of top-tier services to both national and international individuals and businesses in London and beyond. With a reputation for providing excellent and tailored services to suit individual client needs, the firm has acquired a loyal client following and numerous accreditations including Legal 200 and 500 rankings and the Lexcel quality mark. Constantly growing, they have acquired and retained a team of expert and professional lawyers and support staff who pride themselves on meeting and exceeding client expectations consistently. The firm is now recruiting for a Finance Manager to work at its office in West London.
For further details of this Finance Manager vacancy, please contact Chris quoting reference CE03720721.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL (INCLUDING SPAM FOLDER) FOR CONFIRMATION YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED.
Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited are a recruitment agency, all vacancy descriptions are of general content and no responsibility is taken for salary or PQE differences.
By applying for this position at Law Staff Legal you confirm that you have the experience, training, qualifications and any authorisation required by law or by any professional body, which the position requires and that you are willing to work in the position.
By applying for this position you give Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited authorisation to submit your curriculum vitae to the hirer. If you do not wish us to make this application on your behalf please email informing Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited of such. Please note however, once an introduction has been made by Law Staff Legal Recruitment it cannot be withdrawn this and you are bound by the terms as stated here in our terms supplied on our web site.
In accordance with The Conduct of Agencies and Businesses Regulations Act of 2003, Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited require all candidates applying for a position to provide via email, fax or post, a copy of photographic identity and proof of address.
Please also note that all communication, including telephone calls, with Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited are recorded and monitored for training and compliance purposes.
To view Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited's candidate registration terms please go to our website.
As part of Law Staff Legal Recruitment Limited's candidate registration and care process, all successful applications are responded to within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Address: Please see our website for details
Role: Finance Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, West London, West London
Apply for this job now.