COMPANY: GREEN DOT CORPORATION
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
The Manager of Application Security is a key member of the Information Security team at Green Dot Corporation. The Manager will provide leadership for the overall Application Security framework and associated technical resources responsible for leading the development, implementation and maintenance of the Application Security program across all IT development groups. This is a hand's on position that works very closely with development teams, product owners, and other groups in IT. It requires someone who has had a great deal of application development and coding experience combined with an understanding of Information Security and Secure Coding principles. The individual must also have a passion for taking those sets of deep understanding and be passionate about helping others, mentoring and training the people around them.
- Manage and lead the Application Security team in the development, implementation and evolution of security roadmaps, understanding controls and process gaps, providing architectural vision, and enabling the larger information security team through very close collaboration with all Green Dot development teams.
- Hire, grow and retain team members to expand the team and its capabilities within the organization.
- Act as a liaison with other internal Green Dot teams or driving new capabilities, product investments, and research to fill coverage gaps.
- Prepare and monitor operational security metrics and trends to ensure accurate KPI/KRIs can be communicated to executive leadership and risk management.
- Lead the assessment and acquisition of application security tools and technologies.
- Evaluate new security technology & trends, and then make recommendations to strengthen our information security environment.
- Evangelize and influence for secure code development practices internally.
- Act as an advocate for mentoring and technical career growth in the information security organization
- Ensure that proper tools, processes and procedures are in place to effectively provide Architecture function for the organization.
- Participate as a subject matter expert in the Green Dot Incident Response program.
- This position is a hands on position, requiring a candidate that can not only lead the team, but can roll up their sleeves and actively participate in the defined area of responsibility.
- 5 years in an application development and application security role.
- In depth knowledge of application security vulnerabilities, testing techniques, and the OWASP framework.
- Understanding of Agile Scrum development methodologies.
- In depth understanding of secure web application development, .Net, C#, web services and SOAP
- In depth knowledge of regulations and security compliance requirements such as PCI DSS, GLBA, and SOX.
- Good communication in English, both oral and written (presentations, technical reports and proposals).
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Membership and active participation in security organizations, such as OWASP, ISSA, and SANS is preferred.
- Security qualifications, CISSP and/or CCSP certification preferred.
- provided by Dice