A career in our Microsoft Cyber Security Practice, within Cyber Security and Privacy services, will provide you with the
opportunity to help our clients implement an effective cyber security programme that protects against threats, propels
transformation, and drives growth, all based on the next-generation Microsoft security platform.
In joining, you'll be a part of a team that helps organisations design and create sustainable security architecture utilising
Microsoft cyber security platform.The Role
We are enjoying unprecedented nation-wide and international growth in client demand, and we are now seeking to make
several important hires in to key leadership roles in our practice. We are looking to recruit several individuals to join our
Microsoft Cyber Security Practice to assist our clients in their adoption and use of Microsoft security products and to build our
delivery capability in this area.
The role of the Senior Microsoft Security Engineer is responsible for leading the development of information security
architecture and ensuring technology initiatives are implemented within the framework to make our client's environments more
secure. The role will involve defining the approach for securing enterprise information by identifying network and application
security requirements, planning, implementing and testing security controls and procedures. The role of the Senior Microsoft
Security Engineer is to be client facing and to play an active role in transforming our client's security through designing and
implementing Microsoft security technologies on-premise and in the cloud.
You will also be responsible for building the Microsoft Cyber Security Practice through a variety of business development
activities including the development of IP and propositions based on the Microsoft security platform, upskilling more junior team
members and leading client pitches and proposals.Responsibilities
Qualifications & Experience
- Meeting and working closely with our clients to identify and mitigate risks, perform security reviews, design top tier security practices, and deliver strategic, innovative security offerings based on Microsoft security technology.
- Propose, design, plan and execute strategic and tactical operational security objectives
- Identify appropriate Microsoft technology / data sources and drive the collection of data necessary to effectively evaluate threats
- Analysing threats and current security controls to identify gaps in current defensive posture
- Managing and delivering cyber security and cyber risk assignments, including producing documentation and reports, and quality assuring the work produced by junior team members
- Working as a Microsoft subject matter expert to support a team, and / or managing a larger team in delivering engagements at scale
- Maintaining cyber security and risk knowledge and certifications, sharing this knowledge with junior team members
- Maintaining awareness of key business and industry trends and understanding how they impact responses to cyber risk
- Championing the delivery of the highest quality services to PwC's clients, and actively managing and mentoring junior team members to do the same, while managing the risks to the firm Business and Practice Development
- Building client relationships and establishing credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of Microsoft's cyber security platform and identify opportunities where PwC can assist
- Supporting senior members of the team in developing client proposals and solution offerings
- Contributing to the financial and operational management of the practice
- Driving the development of toolkits, methodologies and accelerators based on the Microsoft security platform
- Providing thought leadership and direction for the Microsoft Cyber Security Practice
- Helping recruit, retain and develop other Microsoft Cyber Security Practice members
We are looking for exceptional individuals who can provide our clients with trusted advice, rooted in a pragmatic understanding
of their business situation and objectives and how the Microsoft security platform can help to address these. Our Microsoft Cyber Security Practice will help clients effect substantial and complex business change, and experience of
assuring or enabling change at scale is essential.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation across the Microsoft technology stack and Azure security offerings and the
ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to key stakeholders along with experience with the followingEssential
- Excellent communication skills - both oral (for interviews/meetings, presentations) and written (for designing and writing engaging reports which communicate findings succinctly and clearly convey the message in a way which is appropriate for the audience, and rooted in the client's needs)
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft security technologies and strategy such as
o Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite (EM+S), Advanced Threat Protection (ATP), Azure Information Protection (AIP) and Intune
o Azure Key Vault, Azure Security Center, Azure Operations Management Service, Log Analytics
o Identity and Access Management principals, including B2B and B2C cloud design and implementation
- Program management skills and solution support for security transformation/implementation programs
- Business case development skills for justifying, prioritizing & forecasting the funding requirements for security programs and initiatives
- Architecture and security management
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Securing network and enterprise cloud applications
- Market understanding of industry trends for cybersecurity, risk & threat intelligence, and governance
- Proven implementation of cloud security models, particularly identity, network, and encryption
- CISSP, CISM, Microsoft Mobility MCP Exam 98-368, or other relevant certifications
- Experience in risk & regulatory frameworks and standards such as NIST 800, ISO 27001, ISF SOGP, PCI-DSS, OWASP etc
- Experience of business development or sales, including leading bid teams, and experience of writing winning proposals and RFP responses
- Knowledge of host hardening, auditing, logging and monitoring, network security, SEIM deployments, security
- analytics, anomaly detections, PKI
We're a leading provider of trust in the digital world - in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today's business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on. Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: #removed#/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
Role: Senior Microsoft Security Engineer
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: London (Central), London (Greater), London (Greater)
Apply for this job now.