COMPANY SUMMARY: Sterling Lumber is a leading manufacturer and service provider of ground protection systems to the Global Energy Infrastructure Marketplace. Sterling Lumber was named to Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine’s “Fast Fifty” as one of Chicago’s fastest-growing companies consecutively in 2014 and 2015. Our CLT technology had rapidly changed the industry and markets that we serve.
The Dynamics NAV Developer is required to analyze business processes and functional specifications provided by business users & ERP team in order to execute solutions that will improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the back-office operation at Sterling. You will implement functional processes within the NAV application for the Company. These solutions will have significant impact on the associated processes and in most cases will be highly visible to end users and Executives. The ERP Developer will be automating manual business processes using a combination of software, custom programming, and integration between existing systems.
· Ensure NAV Solutions functionality support business requirements while building performance focused code.
· Collaborating with Business Analyst, NAV Functional Analysts, NAV Developers, and NAV Systems Engineers.
· Developing additional new custom functionality using standard NAV constructs of Table Reports, Pages, CodeUnits, XML Reports, and Web Services.
· Provide on-going support of existing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 system including integrations to Third Party Applications.
· Serve as the lead programmer/analyst for all Dynamics ERP implementations and migrations away from legacy ERP’s
· Work with Business Analysts to develop and implement custom modifications derived from business assessments.
· Develop integration points using APIs from Impact software providers
· Maintain and support custom developed integrations
· Be able to test solutions to ensure they meet desired business needs
· Document all work for future improvements and development
- 3-5 years of Dynamics NAV Development experience;
- Strong experience developing complex customizations, database optimization and SQL Reporting Services development is a plus, integration with Third Party Applications;
- Strong problem solving and technical skills;
- Skilled at writing technical documentation; functional requirements, flowcharting, data mapping specifications;
- Experience merging code, such as implementing Dynamics NAV Cumulative Updates a plus.
Good knowledge of NAV modules and functionality including:
- Dynamics NAV and Role Tailored Client Solution Development;
- Supply Chain;
- Warehouse Management
- Financial Management, including Fixed Assets and Jobs would be a plus;
- To Increase Advanced Job Management would be a plus;
- Multiple company and/or Intercompany posting experience would be a plus
- Jet Report design experience would be a plus
Other Skills and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to interact with internal business stakeholders;
- Function well in an individual role and with a team;
- Must have high attention to details;
- Ability to prioritize tasks;
- .Net coding experience a plus;
- Automated Unit Testing a plus;
- Dynamics NAV Extension Packages a plus;
- Development experience using the Agile Methodology a plus.
Family run for nearly 70 years, Sterling supports the construction of our nation’s energy infrastructure with turnkey site access solutions and breakthrough innovation. Based just outside of Chicago with a 60 acre campus including 500,000 sq ft of manufacturing space, Sterling was named Crain’s Chicago Business Magazine’s Fast Fifty, Chicago’s fastest growing companies in 2014 and 2015. As America’s largest CLT mat manufacturer, Sterling’ has engineered the TerraLam® mat to save customers’ time and money by being lighter, faster and longer lasting than traditional mats. Sterling also offers complete site access solutions services through Midwest Access Solutions, Sterling Access Solutions and Sterling Pipeline Solutions. Sterling is committed to developing our employees, providing best in class customer service and being responsible stewards of the environment.
Role: Software Developer
Apply for this job now.