At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
Our Capital Markets Technology team is looking for a Software Engineer Advisor (Tech Coach) that will be playing a key role in helping to further our development, application vision, and principles for the entire team. This is a key role that will be driving, defining, and leading key transformational changes for our target state approach.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence stakeholders and leadership on key development and application difficulties. You will solve problems through innovation and being hands-on with cutting-edge tools and technologies such as Full-Stack development, AWS, CICD, and more to build on cloud-native solutions. You will provide expert advice to the team and participate in designing, developing, testing, and maintaining complex and critical application systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Determine the needs of the customer groups across multiple projects, programs, or products while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups
- Design and develop software solutions to meet needs and may also lead matrixed teams.
- Apply extensive expertise in process-driven approach in designing solutions
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing software
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years of experience leading or coaching engineering teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience coaching/mentoring software development teams.
- Hands-on software development expertise in Java tech stack.
- Experience with in one or more agile methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, and/or SAFE
- Experienced on continuous integration and delivery practices, tools, and techniques including Trunk Based Development, Pair, and Mob Programming
- Software craftmanship and principles such as Clean Code, refactoring, and design patterns.
- Ability to coach/train teams to write testable code and build test suits optimized at the right level from unit, integration, functional, and end to end
- Experience in continuous testing techniques such as contract-based testing and mutation testing
- Knowledge of use Docker for developer enablement
- Experience in developing Cloud (AWS) based services and capabilities including implementation, development and support experience
- Good understanding of leveraging logging practices and tools for effective troubleshooting i.e. Dynatrace, Splunk, Moogsoft, etc
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills.
- Experience influencing senior leadership
- Active contributor in development communities
Job REF ID: REF1973L
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at #removed#