Designer | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is looking for a Designer who is excited about developing and expanding the visual language for our rapidly growing brand. You're a designer that loves exploring all mediums from illustrator and photoshop to watercolor and stop-motion. You love to make. Period. Also, you fancy yourself a one-person show. Best of all, you want the work that you do (and the brand it's attached to), to make an honest to goodness real impact in the world.
Who are you? First of all you're a nice, hardworking human, just like us. You have a unique eye for combining creative and performance, and understand how to reach and convert audiences effectively. You have experience in producing ads for digital channels such as Facebook, Insta, Snapchat, Youtube, TikTok, in the format of videos, graphics, animations, etc. Previous experience in producing ads in short video and animated format is a huge bonus. You will work with a team of incredibly talented growth marketers, channel experts, social media specialists, designers, and content writers all over the country.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
What will your Acorns world look like? You will:
- Form relationships with team members and stakeholders and share your creative POV
- Familiarize yourself with our existing body of work and what resonates best with audiences
- Develop a deep understanding of Acorns' customers and how to best reach them
- Produce compelling digital ads, with a focus on videos and animations
- Be prepped to creatively refresh, edit and iterate ads based on metrics from the acquisition team
- Work with the acquisition team to set a regular rhythm of producing ads
- Work with the CRM team to build a user experience that keeps current users engaged
- Experiment with different concepts, formats and lengths, for different audiences, on various channels
- Respond to formal & informal briefs with your own innovative ideas
- Demonstrate a keen know-how for driving conversion through great creative
- Continue to show an understanding of design trends and best practices
- Be part of a team that is building the look, feel, and voice of an exciting and emerging brand
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design, fine arts, digital design or digital art or equivalent 2 years work experience in digital advertising design
- 2+ years of experience in digital advertising design required
- Experience and knowledge of digital marketing and social channels such as Facebook, Insta, Youtube, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, Programmatic/display networks
- Strategic and creative thinker who can proactively problem solve; a builder
- Be on top of social media, digital and cultural trends
- Optimistic outlook on your ability to create societal change, and do so artfully
- Ability to take feedback and deliver assets in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively organize and prioritize workloads to manage the delivery of ads
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
- Versatile design style
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Skill in video Post Production highly desired
- Basic animation and motion design skills strongly preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way