Our client is the UK's best kept secret sneaking into the UK's automotive market with a brand-new workshop based in Nuneaton. Taking Electrical Vehicles by storm our client is a leading OEM with the drive and determination to make position changes to the automotive industry by pushing the benchmark of electric vehicles to achieve a climate-neutral future.
A Stores Assistant role provides a varied workday that includes:
- Assisting with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
- Sorting and placing materials or items on to racks, and shelves.
- Collecting items from throughout the warehouse, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule.
- Performing warehouse inventory controls via scanner and or through a computer.
- Stock counting and location checks.
As a Stores Assistant you will be working both alone and as part of a team with efficiency and commitment to complete your work and strive to maintain the business performance targets.
This role best suits upbeat and self-motivated individuals who enjoy working systematically and productively. The fast paced and energised environment relies on organisation and efficiency and with so much ground to cover in the line of duty it is important to ensure that you have a moderate level of fitness to enable you to comfortably carry out your tasks.
Picking and packing products can involve a substantial amount of manual handling including bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and lifting. Having a good range of mobility is important to ensure you can work safely within health and safety regulations without placing undue strain on your body.
Skills needed as a Stores Assistant
- Good organisational skills
- Reliability and dependability
- Literacy & numeracy
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job
- Upbeat and energised
- Flexible and willing take on a variety of tasks
- Team player
HOURS: 39 Hours per week - the store will be operational from 8.00am - 18.00 per day, your working rota will be determined once you have started.
PAY RATE: £12.50 per hour PAYE