My local authority client is seeking a Head of Street Environment & Green Spaces.
- To ensure the effective and efficient management of Public Space services delivered both internally and through service provider relationships with a focus on street environment, grounds maintenance and arboriculturally service activities.
- To be the Council's strategic lead officer for Street Environment and Green Spaces, including procurement, commissioning, management of contracts, partnership arrangements (both internal and external), the development of service improvement strategies, plans and performance frameworks.
- To take a lead role in the ongoing partnership with the South London Waste Partnership, providing timely advice to the Assistant Director, Public Space Contracting and Commissioning, Department Director and relevant Cabinet Members.
- To be responsible for, and ensure the management of Public Space environment services teams and contracted services with regard to performance management; lead officer of asset data systems; and ensure statutory, best practice and corporately required monitoring systems of these service areas are implemented and maintained.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all services are cost effective, adopting a commercial approach to all services and delivering to the highest possible standards.
- As a cost centre manager, lead the effective management of the budgets (Revenue and Capital) for the named and authorised Public Space environment services. Ensuring contractor(s) are delivering value for money, developing and implementing savings plans in accordance with corporate targets and maximising all commercial and external funding opportunities.
£500 to £550 per day - in scope
Min of 4 days per week in the office
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 - 12 months.