- Automotive Manufacturing Facility
Overall administration of the Human Resources function, leading the company’s efforts in attracting and retaining a diverse talent pool. Source of advice and support in the areas of recruitment and employment law, compensation and benefits, worker compensation, training, policy development, change management, and employee safety. Reports to the President.. Member of the Senior Management Team. Responsible for 450 employees in a automotive manufacturing operation.
- Develop, implement and administer human resources’ plans, policies, and procedures.
- Facilitate company-wide strategic planning and participate in developing departmental goals and objectives.
- Coordinate recruitment effort for exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary workers
- Manage challenging employee situations, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Develop and administer company wage and salary structure, and compensation policies including variable pay systems, bonuses, and increases.
- Develop and monitor performance evaluation program and train managers on appropriate process.
- Lead benefits administration.
- Design, direct and manage a process of organizational development that addresses items such as succession planning, workforce development, employee retention, organizational design, and change management.
- Identify training and development needs of the workforce. Design, implement and monitor training initiatives such as new employee orientation, customer service, management, safety, and others as necessary.
- Upgrade quality of onboarding program. Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Develop and launch a formal mentoring program.
- Manage employee communication and feedback through a variety of methods including employee newsletters, company meetings, employee satisfaction surveys and focus groups.
- Set up best practice HR function, develop and implement critical HR initiatives
- Part of a highly collaborative, creative team
- Member of Senior Management Team
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration
- Master’s degree preferred
- Society of Human Resource Management certifications a plus
- 15+ years in an HR role at a large corporation.
- 10+ years of experience of Human Resources leadership; automotive industry experience preferred
- Experience with a culturally diverse workforce preferred
- Experience with HR strategy development and execution of initiatives
- Ability to directly engage with and articulate information to employees, management, owners, and outside parties
- Knowledge of employment law and multiple HR functional disciplines
- HR process development and implementation experience
Direct Hire Position with Full Benefit Package
Role: Automotive HR Director
Location: San Antonio,
Apply for this job now.