The Pharmacy Technician - Customer Service is responsible for triaging incoming calls from Nursing Facility to process and coordinate for patient care.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Triaging of incoming phone calls from Nursing Facilities
- Processing of verbal requests for medication
- Providing status or confirmation of medication delivery
- Outgoing clarifications of medication orders and patient demographic data
- Coordination of incoming Medication Orders both via fax and by electronic interface
- Attention to detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Decision Making
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technical Capacity
There is no supervisory responsibility for this position
This position operates in a long-term care facility. This role may use standard office and/or pharmacy equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, rolling carts, fax machines and etc. A large portion of work shall be performed in the long-term care facility where the noise may be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, walk, crawl intermittently
- May be necessary to work extended hours as needed
- May lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
There is no travel expected for this position
Education and Experience
- Must be willing to become registered Pharmacy Technician in the State of New Jersey within two weeks of joining .
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Long Term Care experience preferred
- Previous Retail Pharmacy and Hospital Pharmacy experience accepted
- Knowledge of Brand Name/Generic medications
- Moderate to advanced computer skills required
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Framework/DocuTrack knowledge a plus
- Able to work independently as well as in a diverse, team environment
Behind every script there is a patient. And behind every thriving healthcare facility there is a seamless pharmacy experience. At PharmScript, we are healthcare professionals first. Through precision, persistence and innovation, we seek to earn the trust of providers, residents, patients, and their loved ones every day, with every delivery.
PharmScript is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation and gender identity or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Serving as a long-term care pharmacy is not just about delivering prescriptions it is about providing high quality support and services to our clients, so that they can focus on caring for the patients who need these medications.
As a leading pharmacy provider to long-term care and post-acute care facilities, PharmScript partners with healthcare organizations across nine states. We provide medication and support needed to help our clients deliver patient-centered care to thousands of residents and patients.
Role: Pharmacy Technician - Customer Service
Apply for this job now.