Owen Reed are recruiting for a Legal PA to join a top London law firm. This is a 6 month fixed term contract.
The Legal PA will work within the Reputation Protection team. The Legal PA will provide an exceptional level of secretarial support to the lawyers within the team
Responsibilities of the Legal PA
• Provide all aspects of general administrative support including, but not limited to, diary management, travel planning, expenses, maintenance of calendars, contact lists, management of client files and folders, filing, photocopying, arranging couriers and updating contacts on Interaction.
• Proactive and advance monitoring of fee earner diaries, reminding fee earners of diary commitments and taking responsibility for ensuring that they have all supporting paperwork and information for each meeting or appointment;
• Maintain extensive and complicated billing records, prepare billing guides and assist with the monthly billing process, liaise with credit control regarding outstanding / unpaid bills. Also maintain and update Client Matters and numerous spreadsheets.
• Overseeing and prioritising incoming email, post and voicemail when fee earners are out of the office, acknowledging receipt and responding on behalf of the fee-earner, if appropriate.
• Prepare and type, proofread and amend documents, either from dictation, general instruction or by personal drafting. Documents will include letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, faxes, and emails, ensuring that all copies (electronic and paper) are retained and filed accurately.
• Opening and closing of files including completing conflict checks, preparation of client engagement letters, collating all the relevant information required and updating client files regularly.
• Ensuring documents and records are stored appropriately, including ensuring filing and e-filing is up to date and accessible
• You will be the first point of contact for clients and have regular communication with them (taking messages, arranging meetings etc.), so should demonstrate professionalism, diplomacy and sensitivity in all your communications;
• Liaising with support departments to resolve problems on fee-earner's behalf, taking ownership of the issue and following up where appropriate.
• You may also be involved in other administrative activities both for your fee earners and others as required, including helping other administrators and personal assistants/secretaries during busy periods, and to cover absences from work.
• Managing communication with numerous internal and external constituencies.
• Orchestrating meeting arrangements with colleagues and external parties including coordinating external visits and conference calls.
• Coordinating domestic and international travel logistics.
• Preparing documents and presentation materials in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Preparing briefing notes/packs for client meetings.
• Obtaining information using the internet and various market data applications.
• Creation and running of reports using a variety of different systems.
• Maintaining Excel-based databases.