Project Manager for General Contractor (Southern CA)
compensation: Renumeration based on credentials/experience
employment type: full-time
Purpose of Position
The Nuera Group of Companies, a general contractor, is seeking a Construction Project Manager. Overall management and administration of construction and post-construction activities with bottom-line profit accountability for a specific Project. Our company has multiple entities that self perform and provide construction management direct to clients. We sell solution to both public and private business sectors.
Act as an Assistant Project Manager or Project Superintendent if required.
Responsibilities and Duties
Monitoring and validation of all Project Schedules to ensure site is managed in a timely, efficiently and profitably.
Represent the company in a professional and manner.
Establish specific site safety plans and manage and enforce same.
Responsible for the effective management and organization of Construction & Post-Construction activities for the applicable project.
Must liaise effectively with all Nuera Staff.
Must work with the Field Manager to establish and maintain an effective Staffing Management Plan for internal staff to allow for the needs of all projects and ensure production rates are effectively reached.
Expectation to seek out positive construction solutions to all issues.
Train and assist site staff in the conduct and execution of their duties.
Ensure milestone and deadline dates are established and enforced relative to activities and responsibilities.
Monitor cost control and note potential risk areas.
Supervise the activities and conduct of project team members to ensure compliance with company policies, safety standards and quality standards.
Ensure timely close-out and closed job reports.
Prepare and oversee timely and accurate management reports.
Monitor each project team member's compliance with their job descriptions and responsibilities and conduct formal employee performance evaluations for staff.
Coordinate where required in the establishment of proformas and constructability solutions to potential Construction issues.
Complete other responsibilities as required.
• Project Profitability and Project completion on schedule
• Customer satisfaction
• Implementation and follow-through of Construction and Post-Construction Management Plans
• Quality control, integrity and excellence of turnovers of the Project
Empowered to make timely and cost-effective decisions within the framework of the Project.
Critique design and material decisions to ensure compliance with Nuera quality and bottom-line project profitability
Objectives or Goals to Measure Performance
• Adherence to Company policies and Corporate Procedures Manual
• Project Profitability
• Project completion on schedule
• Customer satisfaction
• Implementation and follow-through of Construction Management Plans
• Positive team attitude
• Quality control, integrity and excellence of turnovers
• Improved personal growth and education
• Staff development and training
Skill or Experience Requirements
Experience: What kind of experience should someone have to perform well
• 5 - 8 years construction experience
• Leadership, problem-solving ability and a strong sense of urgency
• The ability and confidence to make timely decisions with consideration of all known impacts and/or influences and act on them
• Organizational, Computer, Drafting and communication skills
• Fundamental understanding of construction and contract law
The Company offers a lucrative compensation package, including a base salary commensurate within the budget but incorporating experience and skill. Benefits include Health insurance, Life Insurance, paid holidays and sick time.
Role: General Contractor Project Manager
Location: San Diego,
Apply for this job now.