Job Title: Transport Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Transport Manager
Provide a quality transport service across the entire PRS operation ensuring best practice and excellent customer service while at the same time endeavoring to add value to the business and its client in an innovative and cost conscious manner.
Supervise all operations including driver/customer requirements.
Develop the business to incorporate the development of a best practice philosophy whilst striving to maintain our local culture and services.
Principle Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
Knowledge, Skills and Experiences Required:
- Establish schedule to ensure the delivery of a cost effective, time sensitive service. Ensuring best practice with the needs of the customer.
- Deliver ever more cost effective services allowing the business to;
- Improve service levels whilst making PRS business processes more efficient.
- Meet increasing workloads and be in a position to deliver/cope with continued business growth even in peak capacity times.
- Plan, allocate and co-ordinate the vehicles and drivers in line with requirements, ensuring the highest levels of service are delivered at the minimal cost.
- Maintain data capture streams so that KPI management can be achieved.
- Managing and controlling day to day operational issues from conception to full implementation, including ‘hand over’.
- Ensure that all physical movements of goods are effected with due regards to Health & Safety and the maintenance of a safe environment.
- Ensure all PRS transport operations comply with current legislation, regarding Tachograph Administration and Health and Safety.
- Brief/Debrief drivers ensuring all verbal PODs/Seal numbers are sent to the relevant customers.
- Up to date knowledge of Transport law and legislation.
- Sound commercial awareness.
- Traffic operational planning and dynamic routing.
- Negotiation skills .
- Problem Solving.
- Interaction with at all levels.
- Proven ability of planning/allocating/delivering and monitoring highly time sensitive t transport/distribution.
- Previous experience of operating large fleets across operations.
- Customer/Operations methods, with proficiency in the use of central systems and spreadsheets, modelling packages and databases.
- Experience of communicating effectively at all levels both verbally and written.
- Proven record in adopting continuous improvement techniques.
- Provide high level of customer service on a consistent basis.
- Continually seek to improve.
- Consistently reviewing for optimum operational capacity at all times.
Human Relations Skills:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of dealing with difficult people and situations.
- Provide practical and effective solutions towards safe working practices.
- Establish plans, determine priorities and prescribe the processes needed to comply with legislation.
- Ensure that all relevant parties are informed of best practice issues and how these will affect their particular area of responsibility.
Role: Transport Co-ordinator - Night
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Slough, Berkshire, South East
Apply for this job now.