Human Resources & HRIS Director:
Livermore-based restaurant Franchise office is in search of an experienced HR Director who will be responsible for applying business and technology knowledge and human resources expertise, as well as managing our HRIS platform (Paycom).
They will assist in providing a wide range of HR and payroll support to our field team of 50+ managers utilizing the HRIS, as well as overseeing and participating in payroll processing while managing and working alongside a Payroll Specialist.
The successful candidate will play a key role in success of the organization by offering guidance on all HR functions and payroll processing including recruitment, payroll, terminations, performance management, and employee relations. This person must execute HR best practices while facilitating a positive relationship between personnel and management.
Must be friendly, personable and interact well with people in office and out in the field.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administration of HR Process, Procedures and Programs
- Oversight and help with Bi-Weekly Payroll Processing (assist Payroll Specialist and oversee auditing functions)
- Oversee handling and updating of all employee hiring and onboarding documents within HRIS
- Stay abreast of legal changes within our states of operation (California and Utah) and implement needed process and program changes
- Provide high quality advice to management regarding employee relations and hiring or termination issues as they relate to Labor Law
- Identify ways to improve information flow, processes and procedures- work with ownership to develop and implement system changes as needed
- Report on standard audit processes and run necessary reports on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly or annual basis, to assist office and field in operations
- Assist managers as needed to enable them to more effectively utilize all HR systems
- Creating, archiving, pulling or reviewing hard copy and soft copy data, files and records to support audits or other similar activities
- Oversight to benefit plans, offerings and enrollment processes
- Handling of employee and guest incidents, including worker’s comp and insurance claims
Assignments may include, but not limited to, activities related to:
- Tracking, monitoring and other support for leave of absence and/or attendance data and documents;
- Distribution and updating of time edits, and ensure Payroll activities are accurate and on time.
- Internal and external audit support
- Anniversary, Intern, Scholarship, Employee Referral, Benefits and Wellness, and other HR program administration.
- Pre-employment workflow (Background Checks, Offer Letters, etc)
- I-9 and E-verify administration
- New Hire Onboarding and Orientation support
- Interfacing with employees, guests and insurance providers on any injury or illness claims
- Reward and recognition activities and programs
- Employee files, Personnel Change Notifications
- Termination and exit process
- Recruiting activities or events
- Minimum 2 years experience each with Human Resources and Payroll
- Experience using Paycom and/or other HRIS a plus
- Expertise in HR policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of hiring process
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Have experience in cloud-based payroll systems
- Knowledge of workers comp claim processes
- Managed health insurance enrollments
- Familiar with ACA guideline compliance and State labor law compliance
- Willingness to learn and commitment to getting the job done is essential
- Expertise in Microsoft Programs including word and excel is a MUST
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, (including family coverage), Aflac / Accident Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan, Paid Holidays, Food Discounts at our Brands, and various company incentives, Flexibility on hours within reason
Role: Human Resources - HRIS Director
Apply for this job now.