Senior Project Engineer
Home Based - covering the South East
£50,000 - 60,000 + £6k Car Allowance + 10% Pension + 15% bonus (circa £70k + package)
I'm working with a multibillion turnover business to identify a talented engineering projects professional. They empower their staff to work autonomously and take ownership of their work, which is a refreshing methodology that creates an enjoyable culture to work in.
The business has circa 60 sites in the South East and is currently looking for an engineer, based from home, who will be responsible as the mechanical expert of a team that specifies new equipment and upgrade projects for equipment across the sites in the region.
It's a very secure business that offers long term development opportunities and would be a good bet in the current climate. Having worked with the business for some time I also know that they are committed to personal development and would support someone towards Chartered status in the role.
What do you need?
To be successful in your application for this Senior Project Engineer role you will need:
- A HNC or above in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Worked on “heavy industry” projects such as materials handling, lifting, crushing (steel, process, mining etc.)
- Overseen install and commissioning of projects with external contractors
The Senior Project Engineers key focus will be as the mechanical expert as part of the internal business improvements team. The company annually reviews where they need to invest in new processing equipment across their sites and as part of this team you will:
- Support in identifying the equipment required for the project in question.
- Specify the machinery required to sub-contract machinery manufacturers (conveyors, crushing equipment, screening equipment etc)
- Tender with several suppliers of equipment to ensure value for money.
- Problem solve for root cause issues with repeat mechanical process equipment failures at your sites. You will look to identify the root cause problem and what corrective actions the business needs to take to resolve the issue
- Liaise with civil and structural sub-contractors for any groundworks or building works that will be required on the project
- Carrying out structural assessments on a periodic basis for the buildings in your region and feeding back to the business on any issues that need addressing.
- £50,000 - 60,000
- £6,000 car allowance
- 10% Company Pension
- 15% Incentive Scheme
If you're interested please apply online, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Recruitment specialises in Manufacturing, Infrastructure, Civil, Transportation and general Engineering recruitment on both a permanent and contract basis - for more opportunities like this one, visit our website.
By applying you accept the terms of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website.