Compass Education Group believes that superior one-on-one test prep is achieved by superior tutors. We are committed to finding, training, and supporting the best instructors available with industry-leading research, curricula, and program management tools.
Being a successful tutor is not just about being good at taking standardized tests. We look for talented, self-starting candidates who are excellent test-takers and communicators.
Compass provides extensive training in our specific approach. That said, we also invite tutors to use their experience and instincts to customize an ideal program for each student.
Tutoring with us:
- Tutor SAT/PSAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests, AP exams, academic subjects
- Focus on tutoring - we find you clients
- Work between 5 and 20 hours/week
- Make your own schedule
- Meet with students one-on-one, in-home
- Higher rates for premium locations
- Paid initial training and ongoing professional development
- Regular rate reviews
The ideal candidate:
- Engaging, professional, coachable
- Willing and able to travel to students' homes
- Proficient with SAT and/or ACT
- Loves one-on-one work
- Previously tutored, coached, or mentored students
- Graduated from a selective college or university
- Available to tutor through at least December 2018
- Primarily high school juniors and seniors
Compass has a well-established following throughout Northern California and serves students in the following areas:
- San Francisco
- East Bay
- Marin County
- Sonoma County
- South Bay
- Santa Cruz
Compass is one of the world's leading providers of in-home, one-on-one tutoring for high school students aspiring to attend selective colleges. We provide individualized, comprehensive test preparation to thousands of students annually, either in their homes in the greater Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco areas or online anywhere in the world.
Role: SAT / ACT Tutor Position
Location: Mountain View,
Apply for this job now.