COMPANY: BETTER HEALTHCARE SERVICES
JOB TYPE: TemporaryPart Time
SALARY: £8 - £12 Per Hour
Support Recovery Worker
£08.50 -13.00 Per Hour
Full Time or Part time hours, hours to suit.
Better Healthcare are one of the main suppliers to the country's largest Care groups and require Support Recovery Workers to work within services with clients who suffer from Mental Health conditions/Alcohol and Substance misuse support.
As an ideal candidate you will have experience with Mental Health or Alcohol and Substance misuse but it is not required. Preferably a driver but again, if you rely on public transport this is not a problem, In return, you will have yourself a flexible but rewarding career in care, This is a position which can allow you to grow as a professional and a person.
Support Recovery Worker duties include:
- Develop specialist expertise to support individuals in areas such as: building hope and empowerment, developing self-management techniques, developing social connections, problem-solving and navigating / accessing services including statutory services
- Support individuals to increase their self-esteem, confidence and motivation and promote progress in their journey to recovery through one to ones and group work
- Share / teach coping and self-management techniques through group work
- Support volunteer Peer Supporters in their role, providing advice and guidance as appropriate
- Empower individuals to exercise choice and control, offering a person-centred service led by the wishes of the individuals you are working with.
- Promote engagement within the community as a key factor in recovery and self-management
- Provide advice, guidance and support to individuals during drop-in sessions
- Communicate effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and maintain positive and effective relationships with individuals, staff, the staff of other agencies and the local community
- Extend the range of community opportunities for individuals by supporting community resources to improve accessibility and tackling mental health stigma
- Support the maintenance of a database of community resources, used by staff and individuals to identify and access a range of opportunities to promote wellbeing and independence
- Work with IT equipment and systems to ensure accurate and timely recording of referrals, individual data, risk management and support plans, accidents/incidents, as well as the use of shared electronic calendars and a lone worker safety system
- Work within set targets and manage time effectively on own initiative and as part of a team
- Share knowledge, skills and experience within the team, while observing confidentiality, and participate in team meetings and reflective practice groups
- Make a positive contribution to and work constructively within the team, including developing your own abilities to enhance team performance
- Medication Training is essential.
Better Healthcare offer:
- Flexible shifts
- Regular work
- Excellent rates of pay
- Weekly pay
- Holiday pay
- Ongoing support
- Full Training Program
If you are looking for a challenge and want to make a difference in someone's life please contact our recruitment team on 01206 561999 or email your CV to
For a full list of vacancies visit our web site #removed#
We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age.
Role: Healthcare Assistant.
Job Type: TemporaryPart Time
Location: Halstead, Essex, Essex, Essex
Apply for this job now.