- Monitors product supply and replenishes stock when necessary.
- Reads order tickets and/or listens to what dishes are called to determine what items need to be prepared.
- Prioritizes cooking and preparation times of each order to ensure proper pacing of guest meals.
- Adjusts ingredients and ingredient amounts by substituting various food products to accommodate guests' special requests.
- Prepares food items using recipe instructions, proper portioning methods, and cooking standards to fulfill guests' orders.
- Prepares and stores unused food product using FIFO procedures to ensure freshness of product and eliminate waste.
- Inspects color, consistency, firmness, and temperature of food products to ensure food is cooked to standards and guests' specifications.
- Inspects food orders before sending them out to ensure proper plate presentation, portioning, and recipe adherence.
- Uses proper cooking equipment to prepare food items and to complete food orders.
- Cleans station floors, counters, tools, cutting boards, and preparation surfaces using the proper cleaning solutions to ensure station remains sanitized.
- Assists other employees as needed.
Smokey Bones Team Members:
- Practice proper time reporting (i.e., punches in and out accurately).
- Arrive at work on time, in the proper work attire, and ready to work.
- Are neat and well-groomed for every shift and in immaculate and proper work attire.
- Demonstrate a helpful, positive attitude at all times to guests and employees.
- Understand and adhere to all safety, sanitation, and administrative procedures.
- Provide complete and timely communication to other employees throughout the shift.
- Is prepared to conduct weekly maintenance duties.
- Complete all assigned tasks and duties requested by managers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to understand and follow direction from others.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to memorize and replicate food production procedures.
- Ability to read recipe cards.
- Ability to bend at the waist and lift items up to 50 lbs. to waist level.
- Ability to move items up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 25 feet.
- Ability to remain standing and active for an 8-12 hour shift.
- Ability to hear, understand, and respond to employees' and guests' requests in a loud environment.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to cold and hot temperatures (below 40° F and above 140°) throughout the shift.
- Skill and coordination in lifting and carrying tubs and trays of dishes.
- Manual dexterity in using kitchen utensils and equipment.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection or the principle job elements essential for making compensation decisions.
As a Firestarter with Smokey Bones, you will be part of a dynamic and growing organization dedicated to a fun and exciting casual dining concept. We have the kind of edgy and upbeat culture that you may not expect to see in a lot of restaurants. It's a fun and challenging way to further your restaurant career. We will provide you with complete training to familiarize you with our menu and our culture so that you are prepared to reach your full potential. We also promote from within whenever possible, which means that you will find plenty of opportunity to advance to higher level management roles.
Role: Line Cook
Location: Fort Wayne,
Apply for this job now.