Company: FORWARD ROLE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 per annum
Are you a Network Engineer looking for a new, exciting challenge?
Do you have an excellent understanding of complex network architecture, firewalls, and WAN technologies?
Fancy building and managing large multi-site networks across the UK and Ireland?
Forward Role are partnered with an IT services business in Wolverhampton, looking for an experienced Network Engineer.
- Establish and maintains network performance.
- Plan, design and manage the infrastructure and technologies within that can support corporate and datacentre environments at an enterprise level for Cisco & HP network devices and firewalls.
- Troubleshoots network problems.
- Document existing and new solutions during implementation and manage change within the environment.
- Patching and upgrade schedules for all network devices (Load balancers, Switches, Firewalls etc.)
- Secure network by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access
- Manage and lead projects to which you have been assigned.
- Ensure system performance and SLAs are met.
- Provide some out of hours support as part of the on-call rota.
- Some travel occasional travel will be required between offices and datacentres.
- Cisco Firewall management and log analysis.
- Experience of routing, switching and load balancing techniques.
- Advanced Network & LAN knowledge.
- Network design and implementation.
- Network, Firewall and Load balancer performance monitoring & troubleshooting.
- Project management.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Network & Firewall hardware configuration.
- Rule base creation and deployment.
- IDS/IPS rule creation and deployment.
- CCNP or equivalent level is desirable, but not essential.
- A few years’ experience in Cisco technologies.
This role is hybrid, based in the Wolverhampton office. Unfortunately visa sponsorship isn’t provided, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Interested? Get in touch for a confidential chat.
As an industry leading, nationwide Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on, so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.