Commercial Disputes - Property Litigation
Salary - DOE
My client offers a wide range of legal advice to both commercial and private clients from their central hub in Leeds City Centre. They pride themselves on doing things differently, taking time to understand the requirements of their clients.
This niche team is supported by the commercial litigators and is positioned in the Dispute Resolution team, working closely with our Commercial Property and Corporate & Commercial teams and their clients.
They Property Litigation team's core clients are commercial landlords, developers, and tenants. They also act regularly for mortgage companies, private equity houses, and for owners of commercial property more generally in connection with:
- Contracts for sale and purchase
- Option agreements
- Construction contracts
- Adverse possession applications
- Disputes between co-owners
- Nuisance, trespass, rights of way and easements
- Associated professional negligence claims
- Contested leasehold enfranchisement
- Lease renewal
- Lease termination (possession and forfeiture)
Key skills and experience
We are therefore looking for candidates who have experience of handling commercial landlord and tenant matters, and with other property disputes of this nature.
The ideal candidates will be ambitious, client-focussed team players, and will also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Initiative and evidence of working pro-actively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively
- A commercial understanding and outlook
- Experience of supervision, training and mentoring (for the senior role)
If you would like to apply for this role, please forward an up to date copy of your CV or call Simon on 01772 259121 for an informal discussion.
At Clayton Legal we passionately believe your talent matters, so we specialise in recruiting the best legal talent and connecting this to the right opportunities. Clayton Legal is recognised as the talent partner of choice with clients ranging from small legal practices to international and global law firms. Whether you're looking for total recruitment outsourcing or a single appointment, or an overview of the recruitment market our award recognised service can confidently meet your talent needs.