Company: COWAN SYSTEMS AND COWAN MANAGEMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Lead Revenue Analyst
Formed in 1924, Cowan Systems enjoys a history of excellence and quality in the Transportation industry. Due to continued growth, Cowan Systems is seeking a Lead Revenue Analyst for our corporate office in Baltimore, Maryland.
Cowan Systems, LLC is National truckload carrier that specializes in providing high quality dedicated fleet service for companies requiring first-rate performance. Cowan Systems offers dedicated fleet services which provide a customized transportation package designed to meet the specific needs of the shipper, such as specialized equipment, strict timetables and custom reporting. Cowan Logistics sources the optimal method of transporting our customers freight as efficiently as possible while maintaining unprecedented service and reliability. Cowan Systems is the premier single source provider for warehousing and distribution needs in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic area. Our 100% supply chain solution includes local and long haul trucking in and out of Cowan facilities.
The Lead Revenue Analyst will be responsible for a team of Revenue Analysts. The Lead Revenue Analyst will audit each team members' invoices and verify accuracy and continuity on all trips made by each dedicated driver in a given fleet. He or she will have a full understanding of operational routing and dispatching of drivers for the specific fleet at hand. They will also be responsible to creating and maintaining procedural documents, as well supporting the Billing Management team.
The Lead Revenue Analyst will receive up to 8 weeks of instruction, training, and practice. He or she will gain a comprehensive understanding of Cowan's dispatch software, operational reporting tools, and be able to effectively produce accurate weekly invoices for our customers.
The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills, a background in Excel, data analysis, and understanding of billing procedures. Prior leadership experience is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with the Operations and Billing Departments.
- Collaborate with Billing management, executives and terminal managers regarding invoicing procedures.
- Communicate directly with customers regarding billing concerns.
- Assist the Accounting department regarding outstanding invoice balances.
- Audit weekly dispatch data and execute resolution on any continuity issues found.
- Complete company reporting and auditing on Layovers, Detention, Surge and Stop Off Count.
- Support team member's development.
- Identify potential errors made on invoices and give feedback as needed.
- Run weekly Mileage and Toll reporting.
- Accurately update company and customer KPI reports.
- Process and bill invoices out of company software.
- Successfully carry out internal and external reports on an as needed basis.
- Support team by acting as back up during an absence.
- Retain procedural information with note taking.
- Manage invoice priorities and workload responsibilities.
- Proficient in Excel using basic functions and formulas.
- Ability to work successfully and professionally in a team environment.
- Self-motivated and focused to complete tasks with limited supervision and instruction.
- Strong organizational and time management skills—able to meet strict deadlines.
- Detail oriented, accurate and possesses analytical capabilities.
- High level of interpersonal communication skills—oral and written.
- Effective at demonstrating good judgment and initiative to make sound business decisions based on multiple data sources.
- Ability to communicate, establish credibility and influence change within all levels of the organization.
- Prior billing experience is a plus.