The Professional Development Coordinator will work with the Professional Development team to coordinate and implement Firm-wide lawyer training and development programs and initiatives, including summer associate training, new lawyer orientation, ongoing substantive training and skill development programs, associate and counsel evaluations, and the associate mentoring program. This is a Firmwide, full-time, expempt position resident in our Houston office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Lawyer Training and Orientation: Coordinate Firm training programs, including summer associate training, new lawyer orientation, department fundamentals training, mid-level and senior associate training, and partner development.
- Coordinate all training programs, including scheduling presenters and conference rooms, creating and sending invitations and reminders, tracking RSVPs, sending confirmations and instructions to presenters, and liaising with all offices and support departments regarding training program arrangements and materials.
- Manage all logistics of meetings and programs, including room set-up, audio/visual equipment and other IT needs, catering requirements, hotel and other travel arrangements, on-site coordination and trouble-shooting, and collection, duplication, distribution, and posting of course materials.
- Coordinate with consultants and external speakers, including pricing, scheduling, logistics, materials, and invoices.
- Facilitate the orientation and onboarding of entry-level associates and lateral associates and partners.
- Assist with compliance with CLE requirements for training programs, including gaining a working understanding of CLE rules, monitoring attendance sheets, taking timed agendas, and coordinating logistics, as necessary.
Associate/Counsel Evaluation Process: Coordinate the annual associate/counsel evaluation process.
- Coordinate the evaluation process for all departments, including administration of online review system, tracking and monitoring of evaluation report submissions, creation and generation of evaluation status reports, and preparation and distribution of confidential review materials.
- Interact with department leaders and other partners to assist with the evaluation process and provide updates and formal status reports.
- Compile and organize data from evaluation process.
Mentoring Program: Assist with administration of the associate mentoring program.
- Monitor lawyer arrivals and departures and maintain database of mentor matches.
- Track participation in mentoring program and assist with implementation of mentoring initiatives.
General Departmental Support:
- Track department calendar of activities.
- Assist with the exit interview process.
- Facilitate office associate committee meetings and follow-up.
Special Projects and Miscellaneous: Assist with other tasks and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of experience in a professional environment, preferably in a law firm or other professional services firm; Professional Development experience preferred.
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel; proficiency in talent management software (preferably viDesktop) a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure, multitask, and meet deadlines.
- Must be a creative and thoughtful self-starter with excellent attention to detail, ability to issue-spot, project management skills, ability to carry tasks through to completion without prompting, and flexibility to handle evolving responsibilities.
- Strong work ethic and personal motivation, high professional standards, and demonstrated initiative and resilience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, with lawyers, managers, and staff.
- Demonstrated professional judgment and ability to protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong client service orientation and ability to work well with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and generate creative solutions, as well as work in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends, as needed) in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
The Addison Group is a leading staffing firm based in Chicago, IL that specializes in connecting opportunities and candidates in Administration & HR, Engineering, Finance & Accounting, Financial Services, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Founded in 1999, Addison Group has now established a coast to coast presence, with 22 offices nationwide: Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago (HQ), Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Reston, Rockville, San Antonio, San Francisco, Schaumburg, Seattle, Tulsa, and Washington, DC.
Named a “Top 50” Fastest Growing Company, Addison Group continues to achieve success and growth while fostering a competitive yet team-oriented environment. Addison Group is an Inavero’s Best of Staffing winner for the past six years. Addison Group is focused on organic growth—each year we promote people from within to open new branches and lines of business. Addison Group is a team-oriented work environment with a work hard/play hard atmosphere—Addison has been recognized by many publications as one of the top best places to work for the past five years. Visit our website to learn more: addisongroup.com
Role: Professional Development Coordinator
Apply for this job now.