Company: POMEROY LODGING LP
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Front Desk Agent
THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN GIRDWOOD, ALASKA.
Responsible for checking guests in and out of the hotel, assisting with general information, and accommodating guests of the Resort.
- Complete guest registration and check out processes
- Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests
- Select rooms based on guest needs and code appropriate room keys
- Handle cash, credit card, currency conversions and other financial transactions
- Computes bill, collects payment, and makes change for guests
- Ensure guest satisfaction by respond guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions
- Respond to phone calls, retrieve guest mail, faxes and packages
- Makes restaurant, transportation, or entertainment reservation, and arranges for tours
- Maintain familiarity of operations of Bell Desk, Front Desk, Night Audit, Recreation and Reservations including hotel computer system
- Develop a strong knowledge of Resort activities, Girdwood Valley activities, and other potential points of interest to guests
- Field and help resolve guest complaints
- Provide constant and consistent communications with guest services and Front Office Manager
- Posts charges such as room, food, liquor, or telephone, to ledger
- Other duties as assigned
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- End of Season Bonus
- Commuter's allowance
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and fitness center/pool
Skills/Requirements: Previous front desk experience preferred. Computer literacy and cash-handling and POS experience required. Ability to communicate with all ages of guests, along with all levels of colleagues and leadership. A successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.