Responsible for working with electrified & hybrid powertrain (engines, transmission, battery & motor) engineers, including controls and calibration, to proactively drive ePT system level design and optimization through virtual analysis tools.
Responsible for developing 1D/2D/3D simulation models and control methodologies/processes from physical principles for high voltage and low voltage Lithium ion batteries (cells, modules, pack).
The expected job responsibilities will include, but not limited to;
- Develop, test and correlate high-fidelity physics-based models for high/low voltage Lithium ion batteries for electrified and hybrid powertrain (equivalent circuit, electrochemical, coupled with thermal models etc.)
- Develop aging models for Lithium ion high voltage batteries
- Develop model predictive controls (MPC) optimization methodologies for balancing performance, aging, and energy management
- Drive design using Computer Aided Engineering tools (Matlab/Simulink, Ansys Fluent, Comsol, etc. ) to meet the component & system performance, efficiency, durability, and reliability
- Provide components design direction, and control strategy development & optimization through System Integration
- Execute advanced projects for new methodology and process development
- Document procedures, and write technical/progress reports
- Coordinate between different release groups, global simulation teams and suppliers to identify risk and communicate virtual engineering results
- Master of Science in Applied Physics, Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, or related Engineering, or Applied Mathematics field from an ABET accredited University
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in automotive powertrain area
- Minimum of 1 year experience with battery cell/pack simulations or experiments
- Deeper knowledge of one or more of the following automotive system areas; hybrid powertrain, electric motors, batteries, engines, transmissions, driveline, thermal systems, or controls
- Deep knowledge of optimization methods and control methods
- Excellent organizational skills and effective communication skills w.r.t. technical issues - both verbal and written
- PhD in Engineering
- Experience with system modeling and analysis of electric and hybrid powertrain or vehicle level systems
- Experience in calibration, HIL, experimental tests or vehicle/engine performance simulation, electrification PT (ePT) Systems
Role: Powertrain Virtual Analysis Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills,
Apply for this job now.