SEND Teaching Assistant (Behavioural Support)
£68.39 - £75.00 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: 6 weeks referenceable experience within a relevant setting
April 2021 start
Vision For Education are seeking a Teaching Assistant with behavioural support experience, working with Children with SEMH and EBD to join our team from May 2021. If you are Team Teach trained this is desirable, however we do offer the full Team Teach qualification which is free of charge!
This role as a SEND Teaching Assistant in Behavioural Support, involves working with Children with a variety of SEMH (Social, Emotional Mental health issues) and EBD (Emotional Behavioural difficulties). This role requires a committed, empathetic, enthusiastic and resilient Teaching Assistant with great communication skills that has experience working with Children with behaviours that challenge. You will be able to engage children that have become disengaged from Education and encourage and offer them support and guidance. You will work as part of a dedicated and committed team that have a child-centred approach to learning in all they do.
All of the schools that Vision For Education work with are dedicated to offering the best possible learning experience tailored to each students individual needs.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will:
- Have a minimum of 20 days experience in one relevant setting i.e. school, youth centre, sports coaching, residential setting, respite centre
- A reference to cover a 6 week period (this does not have to be full time) experience on a relevant setting as above
- Previous experience of working with behaviours that challenge is highly desirable
- An enhanced DBS registered to the update service or the willingness to apply for one
- The ability to work on initiative and proactively
- The desire to work with young people with special educational needs
- Own transport is highly desirable or close links to public transport
- Available at least 3 days per week
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness