Service Centre Manager
Salary: £50,000 per annum
- Assist in the smooth the day to day running of Thurrock Service Centre
- Allocate work to service engineers, ensuring that Vehicle Off Road (VOR) jobs are attended and repaired in line with service level agreements and KPI's, whilst ensuring the correct resources are available for the service engineers to carry out repairs.
- Increase retail revenue by providing accurate repair estimates to customers and insurance companies for retail accident damage repairs.
- To promote a 'right first time' ethos within the service centre. Ensure productivity is monitored and managed effectively within the Service Centre.
- Implement the companies H&S policies and procedures, carrying out weekly H&S and Fire Checks.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure VOR's are attended and repaired in line with service delivery KPI's.
- To ensure that all repairs are completed in the most efficient and cost-effective manner without compromising quality.
- Ensure that the customer is handled politely and always kept fully aware of the situation.
- Ensure that safe working practices are always adopted and that the required health & safety paperwork is completed for each task.
- Ensure that all staff are utilised efficiently to optimise the available hours and keep non-productive time to a minimum.
- Ensure that all staff receive the necessary training and that a training record and skills matrix is kept.
- Ensure the accuracy of parts stocked in both the depot and the vans.
- Ensure that staff process all paperwork such as job cards, time sheets etc in an accurate, timely and legible manner.
- To ensure that all service centre job cards are checked for accuracy and sent for invoicing within 14 days of completion of the job.
- Ensure that the company's job booking system is updated at each stage of the vehicle repair to give visibility to all areas of the business.
- Ensure that all technical documentation made available to staff, i.e., parts manuals, service bulletins etc are at the current level.
- Ensure that all elements of housekeeping, including premises, people, equipment, and vehicles are of the highest possible standard, to portray a professional image.
- Develop a can-do attitude within the organisation, with a culture of right first time and own problems.
- Willingly carry out any other duties within their capabilities as deemed appropriate by the company.
- Ensure any jobs that require external work is escalated through the call centre appropriately.
- Provide accurate estimates for customers and insurance companies for retail work.
- Handle customer complaints should they arise and escalate to CSM's where required.
- Ensure Demo vehicles are serviced/inspected between customer trials and keep sales team up to date with progress.
- Liaise with internal departments on progression of modifications, campaigns and parts when required.
- Feedback any issues, shortfalls and trends highlighted by customers on warranty vehicles to the SCM
This list is not exhaustive, the role may require other reasonable duties from time to time in line with needs of the business.
Skills & Qualifications
- Competent computer skills to include Microsoft Office.
- A proven track record of managing/supervising people within a workshop environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience of providing quotes and liaising with i