Teaching Personnel is working with a Client Special Needs School in Poole, to appoint a Special Needs Teaching Assistant. If you have experience supporting children or adults with a range of additional and complex needs, Teaching Personnel would love to hear from you! It doesnt have to be in a classroom setting!
About the School:
- A special needs school for primary aged pupils with a diagnosis of autism, speech, language and communication needs and physical disabilities
- A wide range of facilities on-site including a hydrotherapy, sensory rooms
- Ensures that students are at the centre of all that they do and deliver person-centred curriculums
- Works in partnership with outside agencies such as Educational Psychologists, SENCOs and Social Workers to provide the best education
- In their most recent Ofsted report, the school continued to be graded as 'Good'
About the Job Role:
- To support young people with a range of special needs, including but not limited to, MLD, SLD, PMLD, SEMH, ASC, ADHD, SLCN and PD
- To provide person-centred care and help deliver specific interventions focussing on not only academic progression, but social and emotional development
- Be confident to work independently and have a flexible attitude to supporting young people with challenging behaviour
Benefits of working with Teaching Personnel:
- Competitive daily rates of pay starting at GBP65 and paid through PAYE every Friday
- Dedicated Consultant who will support you through your placement(s)
- Exclusive access to online and in-house training courses, such as Team Teach, Moving and Handling, Autism Awareness, Safeguarding and The Complete SEND Diploma Levels 2-4 and many more
- Access to a range of Schools in your local area, including Primary, Secondary and Special Needs