The Ideal Support assistant:
The Ideal Support assistant for this school needs to have resilience in abundance, humour & the ability to use your initiative in challenging situations that may arise. Key characteristics of the ideal candidate for this school is anyone who has an interest in supporting challenging behaviour within an alternative provision, psychology graduates and sports orientated candidates.
As well continuous support for the pupil, the behaviour will also be required to provide general support with the rest of the class:
- Delivering tailored learning activities prepared by the teacher
- Supporting the social and emotional development of students, raising any concerns as per the school's policy and protocols.
- Ensuring that all pupils can engage in learning and stay on task during the lesson or activity
- Display patience, understanding and commitment
- Show patience and understanding towards challenging behaviour
What you need to know about the school:
The school support young people's to develop their emotional wellbeing and social skills. As a Support assistant you will support the school to develop students to cope better with the things they find challenging whether this is during their school day or at home. The successful Support assistant will help establish positive and healthy relationships, emotional wellbeing and developing social skills. The school are currently on the look out for an additional teaching assistant to work through us initially with the likelihood of a permanent contract after a specific amount of time. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who is fancying a change in career or if you have a keen interest in behaviour and/or psychology.
Applicants will be working in a classroom supporting assistants and fellow support workers on a 1:1 or 2:1 basis with pupils.
The role will operate between 8:30 - 15:30, Monday - Friday.