For you to be considered for this role you must have the following 4 things to be shortlisted:
- Be a Qualified Accountant
- FMCG sector experience
- Finance Business Partnering with Marketing or Strategy or Innovation
- But the main focus is new product development/product development experience
Finance Business Partner, mainly partnering with the Marketing, Innovation & Strategy team on a initial 4-6 months contract.
Outline of the role
The role purpose is to work as a key member of a cross functional innovation team, to shape and deliver key innovation activities which support the implementation of the business strategy. This could involve local, regional or global initiatives.
Activities include building robust business models, aligned with financial expectations, in addition to being responsible for business partnering with the specific Brand Managers and Brand Directors in the area, to maximise and shape growth and margin metrics, through high quality analysis and insights.
The role requires a questioning and broad thinking approach, with a strong focus on provision of high quality analysis, in addition to collaboration with other finance business partners across the different confectionery areas.
- Build and develop accurate business models for marketing innovation activities and driving consistent improvement and efficiency's in the process, without losing sight of the robustness needed to deliver insights. Activities would include: pack and product re-engineering, scenario and sensitivity analysis and innovation modelling.
- Present complex information in an accessible and meaningful way.
- Make balanced and value creation recommendations to cross functional teams and forums to drive decisions which support the strategy and deliver margin improvements through the S&OP process.
- Influence decisions with commentary which bring clarity on drivers of forecast performance, variance to core as well as highlighting any risks/opportunities with clear directive calls to action.
- Enable these recommendations and outcomes to be shared and used in relevant future activities, embedding new knowledge and learning's.
- Lead consistency and identify and recommend opportunities to streamline processes and deliver best practice within the business area, making sure that any change implemented is adopted and embedded to become a sustainable legacy.
- Become a core member of the finance digital sub-team driving for functional expertise in power BI/Tableau to drive for an analytic mindset across the function.