The Manufacturing Engineering Manager directs financial, human, and operating resources of the engineering groups. This position is responsible for planning and directing the activities of the Engineering Group for the purpose of improvement of productivity, quality, and capacity expansion. You are also responsible for the production of new products and new materials through he development and application of new manufacturing technologies.
You will lead the engineering group in achieving high quality product and the lowest possible cost.
The Engineering Manager reports to the Plant Manager and is a Continuous Improvement position with ongoing responsibilities. Duties Include:
- The Engineering develops, designs, and maintains products that are able to be produced with current equipment.
- Works closely with plant safety and quality teams to proactively identify issues, develop procedures, and give the appropriate training and equipment to employees.
- You will assure the specifications of the materials to produce the highest quality at the lowest price.
- Utilize Project Management techniques to forecast, manage, and coordinate project budget schedules.
- $4-5 Million Capital Plan target…prepare and update the Capital Strategic Plan for development and application.
- Productivity improvements … reduce costs of finished product while increasing productivity.
- Use plant data analysis tools for performance metric tracking, reporting, and problem solving.
- Develop, design, and maintain production processes that are the most efficient.
The position requires proven engineering management success, ability to manage production lines and groups at once, expertise in staff development, statistical managerial techniques, and troubleshooting equipment and processes on the manufacturing lines. This position is part of the Strategic Plant Leadership Team!
- BS degree in Engineering (preferred) or in Business.
- An MBA and/or Master's degree in Engineering would be a plus.
- 6+ years of process improvement leadership/management experience.
- Extrusion process experience is a plus.
- You should have knowledge of budgeting and reporting KPI performance.
- Six Sigma certification is a plus.
- You should have experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- You should be Quality & Customer focused.
This company has a highly trained workforce, is a world-class company, and is in a great community. This is a Blue Chip, High Quality-of-Life Opportunity. Base salary level of $110-125k + Benefit and Retirement program. Paid relocation is provided
A dynamic, strong growth, company where you will make a difference!
Role: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Apply for this job now.